Question No signal on both my displays. Motherboard damaged?

Sep 20, 2021
My PC Specs:
MSI Z370 Gaming Plus Motherboard
Intel i5-8600K CPU
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO Heatsink
Palit Nvidia GTX 1050Ti GPU
FSP Raider II 750W PSU
G-Skill Aegis DDR4 2400 8GB x 2 RAM

Hi. First time posting here so forgive me if there was a better place to ask this. Okay, so I've had this problem where my displays have gotten no signal ever since I built my PC a few years back. The solution has always been to lay the tower on my table with the motherboard facing up and then everything would work fine. I've always been kind of afraid to try and fix it, as I'm not really tech-savvy and this PC being my first build, but today, after buying and receiving my new GPU upgrade (Palit RTX 3060Ti Dual OC), I thought I've had enough of this and tried a few things to help make it work upright. Sadly, I'm afraid I might've screwed things up by making it worse somehow but I can't figure out what the actual problem is. Currently, my situation looks like this:
I can turn on the PC, with all lights, fans, disc drives, and GPUs working except one fan (this fan worked before I tried to fix things) that seems to be due to a faulty mobo connector (I tested connecting other fans that do work to that specific connector and they stopped working.), but now both my displays (one connected via HDMI and the other through DisplayPort) have no signals no matter what I do. I tried re-socketing everything, but it didn't help. I tried connecting both displays (which were working just hours earlier so I'm sure it isn't the cords or the monitors) to my old GPU that I've been using for a few years and my new one, too. Both GPUs would have their fans running normally, with the latter lighting up all cool-like, but alas, no signal on my displays. I know my 3060Ti isn't faulty, because I had it working fine until I tried to "fix" my tower unable-to-be-upright problem. I thought it might be a mobo shorting problem so I tried taking out my mobo and reattaching it correctly but that didn't help either. I've also found out previously that (a little before I screwed everything up) when nudging the CPU heatsink/fan a little towards the top of the motherboard and holding it in that forward state fixed my problems and thus allowed me to have signals on my displays until I let it go. Re-attaching the heatsink(I realize this might've been a huge mistake) also made everything work till I tightly screwed it in place. With that info, I tried taking out the heatsink and re-socketing the CPU but nothing, I feel like, with the faulty connector and this problem happening from the start, that it might be a motherboard problem and that either I may have mishandled it on my first build or it was faulty? It could also be the CPU since the heatsink movement did something before? I'm really, really lost here and I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Edit I forgot to mention that previously, when I had the PC on and working while the tower was laying down, trying to make it stand upright would freeze the screen completely. I also found that there was a heatsink screw that was probably loose for awhile when I opened my PC up.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021
With some help from a couple of my friends, I found out that the "EZ Debug LED" of the motherboard lights up with a CPU fail. I've tried cleaning the CPU to the best of my abilities, checked if there are any bent pins that needed to be unbent, but it still doesn't work. :c I'm still unsure if it's the motherboard's problem where it can't detect the CPU or if it's the CPU. Or both. D:

Sep 20, 2021
I’ve been having this exact same problem over the past 4 or 5 days however the origin of mine was a random blue screen while I was playing a game. The blue screen said there was Video Scheduler Internal error and after hasn’t been sending any output signals from my graphics card to my monitors. I changed out the graphics card to see if it had broken but both, which I know had just been working, didn’t output any signal to the monitor. What’s weirdest is that very rarely after restarting the computer it will boot into a very low resolution version of windows, fix the resolution then crash again and go back to outputting no signal. I suspect the motherboard to be the issue but I’m not sure. If anyone has fixed an issue like this, let us know what you did!

Sep 20, 2021
I’ve been having this exact same problem over the past 4 or 5 days however the origin of mine was a random blue screen while I was playing a game. The blue screen said there was Video Scheduler Internal error and after hasn’t been sending any output signals from my graphics card to my monitors. I changed out the graphics card to see if it had broken but both, which I know had just been working, didn’t output any signal to the monitor. What’s weirdest is that very rarely after restarting the computer it will boot into a very low resolution version of windows, fix the resolution then crash again and go back to outputting no signal. I suspect the motherboard to be the issue but I’m not sure. If anyone has fixed an issue like this, let us know what you did!

Yikes. That really sucks :c I'll def update this post if I find a fix too.

Sep 20, 2021
I ended up replacing my CPU (and mobo due to Intel's rapid manufacturing of new CPUs + CPU sockets xD) and it worked pretty perfectly afterward. Wish I knew what exactly caused the problems but I'm still pretty uncertain.