No signal on brand new built pc

Jun 6, 2018
Hello,
Just a quick background, I'm building another pc for my friend, this is not my first time. After building 4 PC's without any problems, this is the first time.

The PC boots with fans and lights running, but no signal on monitor.

This is what I've tried so far, take off the GPU and tried the single RAM in each slot. No luck. I've tried switching 2 ram sticks around the slots, still no luck.
I have tried using different HDMI cables while it was plugged in the GPU no luck. Plugged in mobo. Still nothing. I believe that the monitor isn't the problem because I'm using the same one that's on my PC.

Everything is connected. 8 pin is connected and 24 is connected.

Here is the weird part. Earlier today, the boot screen actually came up with signal with the same HDMI cable, but with a different monitor. It was actually on a TV. The RAM slots were in slots DIMM_B1 and DIMM_A2.

But after moving some cables around for management, putting things back exactly in the same place and going to a different monitor, it went back to no signal. So now I have no idea what's going on.

I'm going to try again tomorrow and test it on the same TV if it works.

Here are finally the specs:
CPU: i7- 8700K
GPU: ASUS GTX STRIX 1080
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS STRIX 370-E GAMING
RAM: 16 2 x 8GB G. Skill - Trident Z
PSU: EVGA supoerNOVA G3 650W

Thanks.

Jun 6, 2018
I have not, the problem is because my friend wanted to try things out himself he installed the mobo right into the case before powering it on to see if it boots.

I'll go take it out tonight and test it.

TRENDING THREADS