No signal on display, no beep but post working

sadguy

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015
Sorry for my bad english but I badly need a rescue, I have an old desktop (AMD Athlon 64 X2 + Asus M2N-MX-SE ) not booting. I am trying to wake it up from dead after years, so I can use it as a server. So far I have not found exact solution to my problem.

Motherboad is this -> https://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards/M2NMX_SE/

Monitor and VGA cables I tested with a different computer so they are fine. When I pressed power button, CPU fan and mobo's green light is turned on, but no display on monitor but a beep sound was coming - 1 beep followed by 2 short beep, according to manual this is a memory issue.

Then I replaced with a newly boughly DDR2 1GB RAM, now the error beeps are gone but still monitor do not display anything, also not getting supposedly "single beep" that plays after a normal post.

I had tried with two PSU's one of wihch is brand new.

In this system I dont have any indepedent graphic card, because the board had a onboard video, can this problem because of video failure or cpu failure? can buying a external graphic card help ?

--
Regards
Abhishek

hussainali88

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015
Try clearing CMOS BIOS settings. Remove the BIOS battery for 30 seconds and make sure the power is unplugged then install it back and power it on and see whether it boots or not.

If the cpu doesnt have integrated graphics on it you wont get a signal

Edit some sites say this cpu doesnt have integrated graphics, so you need a videocard

It's and old motherboard with integrated nForce 6100 GPU. It doesn't require a Video card to function.

sadguy

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015

but this is an old computer worked well for half a decade with same ocnfiguration.

sadguy

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015

I already tried this, apart from that I had also tried resetting cmos jumpers.