Question No signal on display, PC is on, Tried everything I can think of

Trainspotter837

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2016
Hi, really hoping someone can help because I've hit a brick wall. I'll try my best to explain the problem so please bare with me.

I built my PC myself about a year ago with no problems until now. About two weeks ago when I tried to turn it on it would just go into some sort of reset loop were the GPU would flash, all fans would rev and the LED's on the MOBO would flash. After repeatedly turning the PC on and off it booted up normally and everything was fine until I turned it off a few days later, same problem. Again after many attempts I got it to stay on and never turned it off for another few days.

So one day I felt brave and optimistic and tried to get to the bottom of it
Things I've tried
  1. Tried a totally different PSU, same problem
  2. Took out GPU, same
  3. Tried RAM in different slots, 1 stick only act, same
  4. Took all RAM out, PC sounded normal but no signal to monitor (this may be normal I don't know)
  5. Checked CPU pins, everything seemed fine, same
  6. Took MOBO battery out all night, when Ipressed the power button the next day the Fans no longer pulse they seem to just sit at 100% and that's still the case

ASROCK Z370 Extreme4
i7 8700k
Gigabyte RTX 2080ti oc windforce
Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8gb white
Corsair tx650m
2xSSD 1xHDD
Genuine Windows 1 0
can't remember the name of the CPU cooler but has been doing its job well for a while

Hope I've given enough info and been clear enough
Starting to think something is fried :-(

Help a fellow brother out

Trainspotter837

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2016
No I hadnt updated to 1903 but since my PC is booting with one stick I have been trying to update but getting a error saying ''This PC cant run windows 10, Windows cant be installed because this PC has an unsupported disc layout for UEFI firmware''

Surely this has nothing to do with the issues Ive been having regarding not getting my PC to boot?

Trainspotter837

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2016
I just tried moving the RAM about again, 1st off the results were the same regardless of which stick I used where. The only slot that got my pc to not go into a reset loop was a1, I could put the other stick into b1 but it didn’t register. Now I’ve got another problem, since testing my keyboard and mouse don’t work, they light up when the bios screen flashes up but as soon as windows loads they die 😭 Also with the ram in slot A2 even if I hold the power button down and it turns off a few seconds later it powers back on and starts the reset loop again, the other slots don’t do this. I have been trying to update windows to the new may update but i can’t fix the Mir problem, I tried to follow the new way of changing the system without losing my c drive but I don’t have the options needed in preferences. I can’t say what the exact problem was because I can’t get in again but yeah I followed the guide but all options weren’t there.This suuuuuuccckkkkks man, can’t believe my mouse n kboard ain’t working now 😭. I really appreciate all the help tho 🤙🏻

Sagar_20

Distinguished
I don't know the exact solution but i can tell how i fixed this problem.

I cleaned the dust inside the cabinet
Reset the RAM, GPU and CMOS battery [It's possible that 1 of the ram is faulty]
Made sure connection from the HDMI to VGA adapter is tight [Try booting with a hdmi device, like TV]

Probably something from the above did the trick and i got display on my monitor.

I followed a website called ccm. There are tons of forums about it and it really helped, though i'm not sure what the actual problem was. Holding down the power button can sometimes fix the problem if your PC sometimes boots and sometimes doesn't.

Last edited:

Trainspotter837

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2016
I don't know the exact solution but i can tell how i fixed this problem.

I cleaned the dust inside the cabinet
Reset the RAM, GPU and CMOS battery [It's possible that 1 of the ram is faulty]
Made sure connection from the HDMI to VGA adapter is tight [Try booting with a hdmi device, like TV]

Probably something from the above did the trick and i got display on my monitor.

I followed a website called ccm. There are tons of forums about it and it really helped, though i'm not sure what the actual problem was. Holding down the power button can sometimes fix the problem if your PC sometimes boots and sometimes doesn't.
Yeah ive tried all of that multiple times now, both ram sticks only work while in slot A1. Gonna try and get in cotact with mobo manufacturer today