Question "No signal" on monitor, and PC won't turn off ?

Mar 30, 2021
Since few weeks ago, my custom desktop started showing a "No Signal" on the monitor when booting, but I usually remove the HDMI cable on both sides and put it back after some forced shutdowns by holding the power button. This morning, the same thing happened again, but after quite a while, the monitor still didn't show any signal. In a hurry for school, I made the mistake to unplug the power cable from the PSU in hope for it to work, but now, my pc starts but there's again no signal, but this time I can't even power it off. When I try to hold the power button, the lights on the MOBO start blinking, and the same goes for the button. Now, I'm stuck with a PC that can't shutdown, not post on the monitor. I tried swapping screens, HDMIs and graphics card, but in vain. I need help to troubleshoot the problem, and see if need (most probably) to replace any deficient parts.

Here are some of the specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: Asus Radeon RX 560 series
MOBO: GIGABYTE B450M DS3H
PSU: Corsair 550w Bronze
RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix @2666 MHz DDR4
Storage: 2TB HDD, 240GB M.2 SSD (boot drive), 340GB SSD

First : Did you build this yourself? When was this? Have you had issues with this computer in the past?

I assume you also have tried swapping HDMI cable too ?
In that case, you've already ruled out problems with gpu (unless the other one was defect too). So that is a good start.

However - the issue is now to figure out what component is actually defective. In case of no clue (as in this case unfortunately) I will list the components that may be faulty, from most probable to least probable (no systematic work behind this, just the gut feeling).
  • PSU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • CPU
  • Something else.
Since there is a chance that "something else" can be the problem, try to disconnect everything not listed above, all storage devices included. This is at least the least costly step.

Mar 30, 2021
First : Did you build this yourself? When was this? Have you had issues with this computer in the past?

I assume you also have tried swapping HDMI cable too ?
In that case, you've already ruled out problems with gpu (unless the other one was defect too). So that is a good start.

However - the issue is now to figure out what component is actually defective. In case of no clue (as in this case unfortunately) I will list the components that may be faulty, from most probable to least probable (no systematic work behind this, just the gut feeling).
  • PSU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • CPU
  • Something else.
Since there is a chance that "something else" can be the problem, try to disconnect everything not listed above, all storage devices included. This is at least the least costly step.
Thanks for the quick response. I bought it used from someone I knew two years ago, and ever since, I had many problems with it (AIO leak, hard drive failure, and more...). Since then, I have replaced the CPU and the motherboard with the ones listed above, everything else is from the initial sale.

I must add that there's no lights on the mouse and keyboard when I power the computer, on that of not displaying anything and not letting me shut it down. I'll try now to swap the components you listed and see if I can I get a post. I would like also to emphasize that the initial problem was related only to the display, but after unplugging the power cable on its power state, that's when things got worse. I'll get you posted if anything new comes up.