[SOLVED] No Signal on Monitor (New PC)

Dec 27, 2020
Hello. Yesterday I built a PC with a family member (who has had experience with this stuff before), and everything went well until we tried to boot up the PC to set up the BIOS. When we turned it on, the fans were running and the PC itself turned on, but when we turned on the monitor we got a "No signal" error. We checked all the parts for fitting issues and tried different cables and another monitor. I made a list of the parts (below), and the website said the motherboard needed a BIOS update to be compatible with the CPU. Is it possible to flash the BIOS update using a USB? If not, what's the best way to fix this? Thanks for any help!
Part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mbyLp2

Solution
Did you find a fix for this, I have literally the exact same situation going on right now.

Clear CMOS, disconnect the power cable from psu. take the motherboard battery out for a minute.

PSU cable must be disconnected from motherboard. simply toggling the switch won't work. alternatively, you can unplug it from the wall socket and turn the pc on. It helps discharging the electricity remaining in psu capacitors. ok, now take the battery out for 1 minute. That put bios to default settings.

You can also use a screwdriver and short circuit the JBAT1 jumper. That you must keep the screwdriver on the jumper head for 10 seconds.
It's all written in the motherboard's manual.

LeiHeJun

Upstanding
Dec 13, 2020
Is it possible to flash the BIOS update using a USB? If not, what's the best way to fix this? Thanks for any help!
Part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mbyLp2

it is possible, bios settings has a flash option, that asks for a file that can be located on usb.
sometimes usb must be formatted in FAT32 not NTFS.
refer to your motherboard's manual to make sure.

Also sometimes flashing bios is not an option in bios itself, but it has a different key to start, for example you keep pressing delete button during boot time to get into bios settings, there's another key you must press to enter flash bios (usually some laptops are like this)

Dec 27, 2020
Also sometimes flashing bios is not an option in bios itself, but it has a different key to start, for example you keep pressing delete button during boot time to get into bios settings, there's another key you must press to enter flash bios (usually some laptops are like this)
The keyboard isn't getting detected when we start up the PC either.

LeiHeJun

Upstanding
Dec 13, 2020
The keyboard isn't getting detected when we start up the PC either.

Okay, now you must download the bios update file, rename it to something that is instructed in the user's manual. that includes renaming the extension too, removing the version number. copy the file in the root of a FAT formatted USB which must not be bigger than a certain size (I think 16GB usb won't work). Plug that USB in the port near the top of motherboard were update bios button is located. press the button until it blinks, stays on, keeps blinking, stops.
Just make sure you carefully read the manual, perhaps you should disconnect power cable too. pc must be switched off.

It's kinda like Hermione brewing that potion in the cauldron, she only needs two drops of blood from the three headed barking monster and a feather from raven which sings over the carillons. easy, then she grows whiskers.

Dec 27, 2020
Okay, now you must download the bios update file, rename it to something that is instructed in the user's manual. that includes renaming the extension too, removing the version number. copy the file in the root of a FAT formatted USB which must not be bigger than a certain size (I think 16GB usb won't work). Plug that USB in the port near the top of motherboard were update bios button is located. press the button until it blinks, stays on, keeps blinking, stops.
Just make sure you carefully read the manual, perhaps you should disconnect power cable too. pc must be switched off.

It's kinda like Hermione brewing that potion in the cauldron, she only needs two drops of blood from the three headed barking monster and a feather from raven which sings over the carillons. easy, then she grows whiskers.
Thank you very much. We just figured out that it's probably not even the BIOS on the motherboard that's the problem. The motherboard box says it's 3000 ready, and the motherboard itself says the version is 4.30, which should be fine. We're probably going to start back at square one and just take everything apart and try booting it up with minimal parts.

Dec 26, 2020
Thank you very much. We just figured out that it's probably not even the BIOS on the motherboard that's the problem. The motherboard box says it's 3000 ready, and the motherboard itself says the version is 4.30, which should be fine. We're probably going to start back at square one and just take everything apart and try booting it up with minimal parts.
Did you find a fix for this, I have literally the exact same situation going on right now.

LeiHeJun

Upstanding
Dec 13, 2020

Clear CMOS, disconnect the power cable from psu. take the motherboard battery out for a minute.

PSU cable must be disconnected from motherboard. simply toggling the switch won't work. alternatively, you can unplug it from the wall socket and turn the pc on. It helps discharging the electricity remaining in psu capacitors. ok, now take the battery out for 1 minute. That put bios to default settings.

You can also use a screwdriver and short circuit the JBAT1 jumper. That you must keep the screwdriver on the jumper head for 10 seconds.
It's all written in the motherboard's manual.

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution

TRENDING THREADS