Question no signal on monitor, VGA light on mobo

Aug 29, 2024
building my first pc and I'm sorta having trouble with my motherboard's VGA being on and also not having a picture on my monitor when I boot my pc up.

just some extra details, I initially bought this on Amazon, waited a little too long to actually build the pc so it fell out of the 30 days warranty time frame. Then I went to get an RMA from the manufacture, but they said I guess the warranty sticker appeared damaged, so they refused to work on it. I bought this GPU at an extremely high scalper price and would love not to have to replace it, so literally any advice would be helpful.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 3.4GHz 16 core processor
MOBO: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk ATX AM4
GPU: Aorus Geforce RTX 3080 ti
PS: Cosair RM850 850 W ATX
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB DDR4-3600 CL 18

Aug 25, 2024
Vga light on mobo usually indicates that the gpu isnt inserted or seated properly, try to properly connect the gpu or you might have scored a faulty gpu, its most likely a connection issue

Reactions: Trashman-
Aug 29, 2024
Vga light on mobo usually indicates that the gpu isnt inserted or seated properly, try to properly connect the gpu or you might have scored a faulty gpu, its most likely a connection issue
ive tore it apart and rebuilt it because i thought that might've been the problem too. but the light stayed on.

Aug 29, 2024
again, i want to say that I'm completely knew to all this lol. But this text appears on my "warnings" section on my pc part picker list "The MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard supports the AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor with BIOS version 7C91vA7. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, updating the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU." I'm not really sure what that meant and also had no idea if it's related to the problem now.

when I first built my pc, I was told that I only really needed to flash my bios which is what I did initially.