Question No signal on monitor when starting computer

Danichow

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
I updated my NVIDIA graphics driver to 419.17 and restarted my computer after it finished installing. I noticed my computer completely shut off for a few seconds, then turned back on which I thought was weird since its never done that after having to restart from a graphics driver update.

Now my monitor says "no signal" and my keyboard is in its default RGB state and is unresponsive (caps lock, num lock, scroll lock do not turn on). My mouse has no RGB on it, so I can't tell if it's being powered, but I'll assume it is since my keyboard is being powered.

My GPU is not dead since I tried it in another system and everything was good. My monitor is not dead since I used the other system on it and it was fine. I put the GPU from the other system in my system and I still got the "no signal" message on my monitor. My GPU uses Display Port and the GPU from the other system uses HDMI and both do not work.

I've cleared the CMOS twice already. I've unplugged the power cable and held down the power button on my case for a minute multiple times and still doesn't work. I've moved my RAM sticks around, I've even tried booting with 1 stick at a time. All still have the "no signal" message coming from my monitor.

I really do not know what else to do. I can't do any fixes that require me to boot into windows or the bios since I have no display.
Windows 10
GTX 1080 Ti
i7 8700k
16 GB RAM
650 Watt PSU 80+ Gold
250 GB SSD (OS)
500 GB SSD
1 TB HDD
MSI Z370-A Pro motherboard

Danichow

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Try testing different power supply too. Any Debug LED that stays ON, when board started?
I did try another power supply and I got the same "no signal" message. I even tried different RAM. No debug LEDs on my motherboard. What's weird is that I took my SSD with my OS and the GPU drivers and put it into another system along with my GPU and that system booted fine. I used DDU to wipe the nvidia driver 419.17 and installed the previous drivers. But upon inserting my SSD and GPU back into my system, I was still greeted with the "no signal" message from my monitor. This leads me to believe that the problem lies in my motherboard.

Last edited: