No Signal on Monitor

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thebenhutch

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018
I've looked online loads and can't find why I don't have signal. Watched full set up videos with same motherboard and still nothing. Think there's just something I'm not doing correct.

Everything turns on when power is on but even if I take graphic card out, I get nothing from putting hdmi vga or dvi into several screens.

At the moment I don't have memory in as the one I used to have doesn't fit on my new AMD Tomohawk B350 motherboard but I don't want to spend more money for it not to work so I want to be sure that it will work if it does work.

Can someone please help find out the issue as when I first tried building it and realised I needed some more we items I tried to build the old stuff again and had this same issue.

thebenhutch

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018
Ive got one ram in A2 like should with only 1 ram it says in manuel and it works... do i press f1 to setup or f2 to load default values and continue. Last time I pressed f1 and then closed the page open thinking it would continue but just stopped what I could see on screen.

thebenhutch

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018
It looks right and as the Manuel said. Fully covered and screwed in properly. I've realised my keyboard and mouse which are usb have stoped working when the screen has no signal as Well for some reason. Thought it was sorted when it came on but now it won't come on, I've put the single ram in several places and comes on every like 6 times of trying.

Don't keep putting a single RAM stick in "several places".
When using only 1 RAM stick it goes in A2 like the manual says.

thebenhutch

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018
Its always turned off of course haha. I took it all out and back in and now it worked the first time I tried it, i haven't tried it a second time yet but hoping that it does and will keep working haha. Just need to download Windows 7 onto a disk or buy it so can start installing (if it works when I turn it on avain). Not too sure what was the issue though.