May 11, 2021
I just made a new build

Corsair power supply 350 watt

as rock z370 pro4
I5 9400f

msi gtx 1060 6gb

in a nzxt h510 case

But every time I go to turn it on all the fans start spinning and everything gets power but my monitor does [Moderator edit] not (?) get signal. I have an older monitor so I’ve tried the mobo display port and hdmi to my tv but I never get a signal. I’ve tried cleaning my ram and replacing it but to no avail. Any recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
Does the monitor that appears not to be getting a signal work on other known working computers?

Do other known working monitors work on your new built?

Does iGPU (if supported) work on the new built - pull the GPU to test iGPU.

Are you able to boot into Safe mode on your new built?

That Corsair 350 Watt PSU: new, used, reconditioned, age?

May 11, 2021
Does the monitor that appears not to be getting a signal work on other known working computers?

Do other known working monitors work on your new built?

Does iGPU (if supported) work on the new built - pull the GPU to test iGPU.

Are you able to boot into Safe mode on your new built?

That Corsair 350 Watt PSU: new, used, reconditioned, age?
he monitor does work on another pc

I don’t have another monitor to test so I don’t know

I don’t have integrated graphics on my cpu so no

I’m new but I don’t think I can boot into safe mode without windows because like I said This is my first build and I have to install windows. I do have a usb installer for it though.

I bought it off my friend so it’s about 3 years old and not reconditioned

Ralston18

Titan
Install Windows.

FYI:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/windows-10-clean-install-tutorial.3170366/

If the system/hardware bought from your friend is 3 years old then the system is not a "new build".

It is a used system and very likely to have one or more components nearing design EOL (End of Life).

Did your friend use the system for heavy gaming, video editing, or even bit mining?

The system will not boot without an OS installed.

May 11, 2021
Install Windows.

FYI:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/windows-10-clean-install-tutorial.3170366/

If the system/hardware bought from your friend is 3 years old then the system is not a "new build".

It is a used system and very likely to have one or more components nearing design EOL (End of Life).

Did your friend use the system for heavy gaming, video editing, or even bit mining?

The system will not boot without an OS installed.

a lot of the parts have just been sitting for 1-2 years depending but he did use them for gaming but he upgraded a while back and I came into some money and bought them off of him. Can I install windows without being able to see my screen?

Ralston18

Titan
Yes - if the hardware is all working and if you have a legitimate version of Windows the system should be able to find the boot drive (SSD, HDD, or USB) and boot.

Are you able to get into BIOS?

Reading back: What disk drive(s) are installed?

May 11, 2021
Yes - if the hardware is all working and if you have a legitimate version of Windows the system should be able to find the boot drive (SSD, HDD, or USB) and boot.

Are you able to get into BIOS?

Reading back: What disk drive(s) are installed?

I have a segate barracuda 2tb hdd and I can’t find a USB port that makes my keyboard turn on so I think I have a problem with my mother board.

Last edited: