Question No signal on monitor

Kuci

Honorable
Apr 12, 2017
Hello, my question regards troubleshooting but i wasn't sure where to post it.

For the last year my PC would not provide my monitor with picture which was solved be restarting it 2 to 3 times.

This does not help anymore as ive tried plenty of times. I have tried all youtube tips i can possibly find to no avail. I can exclude the monitor and the graphic card as possible culprits as i tested my monitor with another laptop and i tested my pc with another gpu.

As of now i think that it is either my motherboard, my PSU or my CPU. I checked the MB for busted capacitors but they all look fine to me. Is there any way to find out without replacing every part to test it out? I have 2 sticks of ram so i tested with one of them and also changed slots but the problem remained

Not sure if this is relevant but the last 3 times i started my pc it said that windows wasn't shut down properly so it has to start in safe mode or last good configuration even though i shut it down from the shut down option.

MB: GA 990FXA UD3
PSU: TS XFX 650 w Gold
GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 (the one with the 2 fans)
CPU: 3.33 gigahertz AMD FX -6100 Six-Core
RAM: Corsair 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Any tips are appreciated.

Last edited:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Please post your full system specs, including the make/model of the PSU.

Trial & error is likely to be necessary, but depending on specifics, there may be more likely culprits than others.

There are additional factors at play too: Monitor/Cable etc (do they work reliability with other devices?), power outlet etc.

Based on your descriptions thus far, 2-3 restarts before a display, not shutting down correctly etc, would potentially suggest the PSU, but too early to tell.

Kuci

Honorable
Apr 12, 2017
Please post your full system specs, including the make/model of the PSU.

Trial & error is likely to be necessary, but depending on specifics, there may be more likely culprits than others.

There are additional factors at play too: Monitor/Cable etc (do they work reliability with other devices?), power outlet etc.

Based on your descriptions thus far, 2-3 restarts before a display, not shutting down correctly etc, would potentially suggest the PSU, but too early to tell.
Hi, thank you for your reply. I edited the specs.
I tested my pc with another monitor and it didnt work. I tested my monitor with a laptop and the same cables i use and it worked. I tested another gpu and it didnt work. I can shut my PSU down or start it from the PSU power button. Not sure if this mean much.