[SOLVED] No signal on my monitor due to on board graphics (vega 8)

Aug 13, 2021
Good day,

My Monitor loses signal when i try to use my on board graphics which in this in case is my vega 8 graphics on my Ryzen 3 3200g cpu. So far the monitor is the only one losing it's signal, my other peripherals like my mouse, headphones and keyboard are still running. When I check my System Unit, the cpu fan seems running well so far. The only way to get my signal back to the monitor is to go to safe mode and uninstall the vega 8 graphics drivers. But when I try to reinstall the vega 8 graphics drivers, once it's installed the monitor will lose the signal to my system unit immediately.

specs: (sorry for being poor)

motherboard: MSI A320m -a pro
CPU: Ryzen 3 3200g
GPU: Vega 8 graphics (from my CPU)
RAM: 2 x 4gb ddr4 2666mhz ram

Is there any remedy to this predicament? I don't have a graphics card because i'm dirt poor and using that vega 8 graphics card is needed.

Here are the attempts that i did to "fix" the problem but failed to do so:
- Reinstalling windows 10
-Removing and putting the ram back in
-Cleaning the ram
-Clearing the bios via cmos battery
-updating the bios
-uninstall all drivers and updating all of them
-cleaning my system unit

Everything seems to be working smoothly except the vega 8 graphics. My culprit of this problem seems to be my PSU maybe it's too weak or something and I don't think this is a monitor problem either because i can still use it in safe mode or when I go to the bios options . I can't really tell due to this problem is out of my scope of knowledge so that's why i'm asking in this forum. Thank you for your time and consideration and for reading my post.

Last edited:
Solution
Lower resolution whilst no driver installed is normal as Windows doesn't know what to do and defaults to standard video protocol. Gpu drivers initiate power states so then it correctly operates.

Yeah try another cable and inspect your current cable for any bent pins or debris. Try blowing both ends with air, from mouth or compressor. If you got a can of wd40 spray that and leave cable until dry.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Whats your monitor, resolution and Hz settings?

When you say headphones is still running, can you still hear stuff?

If computer is indeed running, maybe it's something more simple. If you don't have another video cable to try, try lower Hz low as possible (with drivers installed etc) and see if problem persists.

Reactions: luekely
Aug 13, 2021
Whats your monitor, resolution and Hz settings?

When you say headphones is still running, can you still hear stuff?

If computer is indeed running, maybe it's something more simple. If you don't have another video cable to try, try lower Hz low as possible (with drivers installed etc) and see if problem persists.

My monitor is an acer v226hql it is at 1920 x 1080p resolution at 60hz. But when i uninstall my vega 8 graphics it goes down by 1024 x 768 res (permanently in this resolution until i reinstall vega 8 graphics) and i have to uninstall the on board graphics to be able to have a signal.

Thanks for the input, ill try to find myself a video cable because my current one is an dvi to hdmi cable. I'll find myself a dvi to dvi cable.

You do have a point about the video cable and such.
Thank you again for your reply

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Lower resolution whilst no driver installed is normal as Windows doesn't know what to do and defaults to standard video protocol. Gpu drivers initiate power states so then it correctly operates.

Yeah try another cable and inspect your current cable for any bent pins or debris. Try blowing both ends with air, from mouth or compressor. If you got a can of wd40 spray that and leave cable until dry.

Solution
Aug 13, 2021

Fully noted, I appreciate your input, I'll try to buy a new cable just in case. Thank you very much, I am very grateful for this problem has persisted for so long .

Aug 13, 2021
Good day,

My Monitor loses signal when i try to use my on board graphics which in this in case is my vega 8 graphics on my Ryzen 3 3200g cpu. So far the monitor is the only one losing it's signal, my other peripherals like my mouse, headphones and keyboard are still running. When I check my System Unit, the cpu fan seems running well so far. The only way to get my signal back to the monitor is to go to safe mode and uninstall the vega 8 graphics drivers. But when I try to reinstall the vega 8 graphics drivers, once it's installed the monitor will lose the signal to my system unit immediately.

specs: (sorry for being poor)

motherboard: MSI A320m -a pro
CPU: Ryzen 3 3200g
GPU: Vega 8 graphics (from my CPU)
RAM: 2 x 4gb ddr4 2666mhz ram

Is there any remedy to this predicament? I don't have a graphics card because i'm dirt poor and using that vega 8 graphics card is needed.

Here are the attempts that i did to "fix" the problem but failed to do so:
- Reinstalling windows 10
-Removing and putting the ram back in
-Cleaning the ram
-Clearing the bios via cmos battery
-updating the bios
-uninstall all drivers and updating all of them
-cleaning my system unit

Everything seems to be working smoothly except the vega 8 graphics. My culprit of this problem seems to be my PSU maybe it's too weak or something and I don't think this is a monitor problem either because i can still use it in safe mode or when I go to the bios options . I can't really tell due to this problem is out of my scope of knowledge so that's why i'm asking in this forum. Thank you for your time and consideration and for reading my post.

Update:

It's been a wild month; the problem was not the cable nor the system unit. It was the monitor's dvi port that was not working properly.

Solution:

I bought a vga cable because the only ports for my monitor was vga and dvi BUT the ports for my motherboard was dvi and hdmi only so i had to buy a vga to dvi adapter. And over all it works well. It took a long time for it all to ship because of covid i can't really go outside that much.

Thank you for your help boju it really helped me realize what the REAL problem was.

Reactions: boju

TRENDING THREADS