No signal on my monitor.

kielly32

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014
I took this computer completely apart looking for problems and put it all back together again and when I boot the computer up nothing will come up on my monitor but black. Trying to fix for a friend but Im coming aware what I got myself into. What could be the problem?

Model: Gateway E-4200

What could be the problem? - you didn't put it back together properly.

Can you get integrated graphics out?

Have you actually connected the graphics card or motherboard to the monitor?

What port on the graphics card or motherboard? And what port on the monitor?

kielly32

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014

Actually It was like it before I took it apart. Thus making me take it apart. And I have no clue what else your trying to ask. There are 5 monitor ports as I can see. Right now the only one I can use is the blue one. the one modern monitors and computer use.

kielly32

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014

Its a windows 2000... Do you really think its worth to spend money on, I don't think so. If no one can help me on this forum its going in the garbage. I'm sure my friend can deal with buying a used computer.

You don't even have enough knowledge for us to instruct you. You can't fix it yourself. And you can't afford to pay to get it fixed. Got any friends that can help?

If not, seeing its old enough to have Windows 2000 on it, I agree - it's not worth fixing and it should go in the bin.