[SOLVED] No signal on screen

Raitis

Honorable
Dec 8, 2015
Hey there guys!

Today I moved my pc parts from my old tower to a new one. However, after I set everything up and turned on the pc my monitor didn't receive a signal.

I checked if the GPU was inserted correctly. It was and it was spinning its fans when the power was turned on.

I tried connecting to the MOBO instead and boot the BIOS, but I still had the black screen.

I didn't change any parts and the same setup was working fine just today.

My specs are:

MOBO: MSI B450M GAMING PLUS
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 1070
RAM: 1x Hyper X Fury DDR4 2666Mhz 16gb
HDD: 1xSamsung 860 EVO 500gb
1x Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
1x Seagate Barracuda 1tb
PSU: Corsair CX 750m
Cooling: Corsair Hydro H60 and 4 Stock fans
Case: Cooler Master Trooper SE

Thanks for any possible solutions.

Solution
Hey! I found the culprit in this situation. I took a look at my cpu for a second time and noticed to pins bent. I carefully bent them back and placed the cpu back. Now everything seems to be working properly :)
Fans spin and lights light? Does your motherboard have troubleshooting LED's so you know where it's failing POST? Do you have a PC speaker you can connect (to hear beep codes) if it doesn't have the LED's?

Double, triple check all connections...especially that memory DIMM's and GPU are fully inserted in the slots. Also that the GPU's EPS+12v connector is fully inserted Check that you didn't leave any unused standoffs in the new case, or leave any out that should have been used.

Also double check that you've reconnected the display to the correct connector...one on the GPU, not one on the mobo rear I/O panel.

Last edited:

Raitis

Honorable
Dec 8, 2015
Is it safe to say fans spin and lights light? Does your motherboard have troubleshooting LED's so you know where it's failing POST?

Double, triple check all connections. And check that you didn't leave any unused standoffs in the new case, or leave any out that should have been used.

Also double check that you've reconnected the display to the correct connector...one on the GPU, not one on the mobo rear I/O panel.

On the MOBO there is a red led light glowing it under VGA

There is one cable from the new tower that is not connected. According to the manual it's for the led lights but my mobo doesn't seem to have a female slot for that wire.

On the MOBO there is a red led light glowing it under VGA

There is one cable from the new tower that is not connected. According to the manual it's for the led lights but my mobo doesn't seem to have a female slot for that wire.
I'm not sure what it means by 'the red lights'...a power on LED? that would be something on the front panel header. But if your old case didn't have one, it wasn't attached to the mobo so it shouldn't need it now either.

If it stops at VGA, that's where the problem is. Make sure it's fully inserted...remove it and re-insert just to be sure. Also make sure that EPS12V connector is fully attached. If you have another GPU give it a try. The motherboard GPU connector will not work unless you have an APU (2200, 2400) installed, not to get into BIOS not for anything.

Raitis

Honorable
Dec 8, 2015
I'm not sure what it means by 'the red lights'...a power on LED? that would be something on the front panel header. But if your old case didn't have one, it wasn't attached to the mobo so it shouldn't need it now either.

If it stops at VGA, that's where the problem is. Make sure it's fully inserted...remove it and re-insert just to be sure. Also make sure that EPS12V connector is fully attached. If you have another GPU give it a try. The motherboard GPU connector will not work unless you have an APU (2200, 2400) installed, not to get into BIOS not for anything.

I did that, but it didn't help unfortunately. Could taking out the battery for the MOBO help?

Raitis

Honorable
Dec 8, 2015
Unfortunately, removing the battery from the MOBO didn't help.

What is interesting, is when the PC is powered up the cases dashboard displays no sign of storage disk activity.

Raitis

Honorable
Dec 8, 2015
Hey! I found the culprit in this situation. I took a look at my cpu for a second time and noticed to pins bent. I carefully bent them back and placed the cpu back. Now everything seems to be working properly :)

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Solution

TRENDING THREADS