Question No signal problems

Apr 30, 2019
I'm using Viewsonic vx2458-C-MHD. I uses the HDMI cable to connect to my PC my its said no signal on the screen, but when i connect the monitor to my laptop it went through. I thought the problem was my PC but then I connected my pc with another monitor with DVI-D cable and it worked. The sad thing is when i connect my Pc with the Viewsonic via DVI-D cable it didn't work as well as the HDMI cable. I plugged in the VGA card of course. I plugged in both HDMI and DVI-D and choose either input but nothing works. I really don't know which component is faulty. Much appreciate if someone can help me.

Apr 30, 2019
Have the Viewsonic screen previously worked with the same computer?

Does this problem occurs only when OS (Windows?) is running ?
it didn't. my previous build is
ryzen 1500x
MOBO: gigabyte ab350 gaming 3
corsair vengeance led 16gb bus 3000
MSI GTX 970
Corsair CX series 650W

I changed my Mobo to asrock ab350-hdv and RX 580 armor 8gb.

I plugged in sata at first but it showed no signal so i plugged it out and still no signal. the thing is when i connected my pc to another monitor it booted up fine into Window. after I checked out all the probabilities i think it is my monitor but the weird thing is it still work when i plugged it in my laptop. The last build worked fine without any crash on the monitor

Let' see if I get this right.

It is when your MSI GTX 970 and Viewsonic is connected, that you don't get picture on the screen? And this is true for your current build AND the old built?

Any other combination between screen and GPU's works just fine?

Apr 30, 2019
Let' see if I get this right.

It is when your MSI GTX 970 and Viewsonic is connected, that you don't get picture on the screen? And this is true for your current build AND the old built?

Any other combination between screen and GPU's works just fine?
the gtx 970 works fine with Viewsonic until it dead fews day ago. That's why i changed to rx580. I tried the new build on some old monitor and it worked but not on the Viewsonic.

Wonder if old drivers could be a culprit here?

One question I want answered before going any further : Does this problem only occurs AFTER Windows is started?
That is : Are you able to see the boot menu right after power on, and then loose signal when Windows Windows loading?

Apr 30, 2019
Wonder if old drivers could be a culprit here?

One question I want answered before going any further : Does this problem only occurs AFTER Windows is started?
That is : Are you able to see the boot menu right after power on, and then loose signal when Windows Windows loading?
there is no loose signal whatsoever. straight up black screen with no signal warning when I push the power on button