No signal received

Jul 2, 2018
So i was playing fortnite and all of a sudden gray, brown-ish stripes appeared on my screen which made me restart my pc and next thing i get is the classic pc startup with mobo picture and all the info about components loading and all that good stuff but as soon as the asus mobo picture finishes loading i am left with 'no signal received' message.. So now i am not sure whether the gpu has died or smth else is wrong.. Im thinking its the gpu because from the info i get while its booting up, it reads my cpu and my 4gb of ram so i assume those parts are fine, and then it says CHECKING VRAM, and after that the screen goes blank with the no signal msg.. The gpu fans are spinning tho.. I tried bunch of stuff, removing cmos, hard reseting, reseting bios, removing all components.. Unfortunately i dont have a spare card to put in and check if its the gpu so i was wondering if yall could help me.. Thanks.. Btw my pc is Intel xeon x5460, 4gb ddr2 ram and R9 270x powercolor.. 500w raidmax cobra psu

Solution

If it works with integrated graphics but not with the GPU, you could try the GPU in another computer. If it works in the other computer,then the PSU is the culprit.

A 500watt Raidmax would make a good paperweight, as a PSU, not so much!. I suspect that it is failing, or extremely close to failing, and not supplying enough current to power your GPU.

Jul 2, 2018
@clarkjd I dont think its the psu as it has served me well for like 2 years so far, never had any problems with it.. And the rest of my pc is really bad so the gpu is the only component thats draining a bigger chunk of power but i dont think it exceeds the capacity of my psu

If it has lasted two years without blowing up, then I am more convinced that it is the main problem! The older a PSU gets, the less likely it is putting out its rated power. Again, as a PSU, a Raidmax makes a good doorstop (as long as you don't plug it in!)
The better PSUs have at least a 5 year warranty(some up to 10!) Anything with a 3 year (or less) warranty is considered low quality. I think that yours has only a 1 year warranty.

Jul 2, 2018
@clarkjd I'll try switching to onboard integrated gpu tomorrow and check if that works.. And if it does work then how do i know if its still the gpu or the psu? I used Lc power 600w the cheap one like 2 years ago and it blew up and started smoking while i was playing warframe.. Cant blame it tho, i left the pc on that night and started playing right away in the morning without letting it cool down lol..

If it works with integrated graphics but not with the GPU, you could try the GPU in another computer. If it works in the other computer,then the PSU is the culprit.

Solution

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from srdjandjokic097 : "No signal received.. Pls read"