"No Signal" shows up on my monitor even though the PC, keyboard and mouse are all on.

Patryk_12

Reputable
Jun 13, 2017
Hello guys, so today i bought a new PC fan from Crossair, when i tried to plug it into the case i realised that the fan has a 3 pin connector and i only have a 4pin socket in my case, so i decided to put the 3pin cable into my 4pin socket, when i tried to turn on the pc, everything was working perfectly (the case, mouse and keyboard lights were all on, i could also hear the graphics card working) my monitor was turning on as usual, but then a screen popped up and it said "No signal", i tried restarting my PC, removing the new fan that i bought, and I changed the HDMI cable, i still can't find the answer to my problem, recently i was often getting this problem but after turning of my monitor for 20 seconds it was already working again, now i have no idea what to do :/ please help, thanks in advance

skitszo

Honorable
rig info?

onboard video?
graphics card?

try the onboard video port and then the graphics card port?

try pulling all your hardware off then re-seating them: memory/ graphics cards/ sata cables one at a time.

If you have onboard graphics try to use that and take your graphics card off to test.

Patryk_12

Reputable
Jun 13, 2017

i changed the hdmi cable so its not the cable tomorow ill try to send signal to my laptop

Patryk_12

Reputable
Jun 13, 2017

sorry for late answer, i cleaned my ram with the rubbers and it started working, but i think one of my ram sticks were damaged because it only works when one of them is inside.