Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
I've had my system for about a year now, it consists of

Ryzen 5 1600

Msi b350 tomahawk

Gtx 460 --> Radeon Rx 580

8 GB Crucial Ballistix ddr4-2400 single channel

EVGA 600W PSU

I had a stand in GPU (Gtx 460) until I had enough money for a new one (Rx 580). When my new one came in I slapped it in... and it says no signal. I've tried disabling Legacy boot, I've tried different monitors, different cables, and nothing has worked. The fans spin and it indictates some sort of life. I really don't want to have to return it, so any suggestions would be nice.

Solution
was the card new or used. if it was used it may be a dead card...try it in another pc. if it a new gpu the power supply may be having an issue supporting the gpu (weak or bad unit).
What kind of monitor do you have? The current cards from AMD and Nvidia require a digital connection, so you should be using an HDMi, DisplayPort or DVI-D cable to connect the monitor. To use an analog connection like VGA or DVI-I, you would need to add an active adapter, as a passive one won't be able to convert the signal to a usable format. Also, make sure the monitor cable is plugged into the card itself, rather than the connector on the motherboard.