[SOLVED] No signal through DP on new monitor ?

Feb 3, 2021
Hi all,

I just got a new monitor because of my GPU Upgrade (1060 > 2070), the new monitor is Asus VG249Q.
The 2070 has 1 HDMI and 3 DP ports so i needed a new monitor as i could not use DVI / HDMI anymore for both of my screens.

Now I've tried to connect it through DP but it doesnt seem to work... I DO manage to get into the bios using DP but after that NO Signal appears on my screen.
I've searched for new drivers and currently I'm using HDMI to let the monitor work but i can't use my 2nd screen anymore because of this...

I've tried unplugging it from power/source but that all doesnt seem to work.
I've read something about CMS in the bios but I dont have this option (legacy+uefi)

MOBO: b450 Tomahawk
GPU: Asus 2070 Super
CPU: Ryzen 2600
RAM: 16gb 2x8
Windows 10 64bit
First screen Asus VG249Q (Doesn't work with DP)
2nd screen s* LG

*[bad language removed by Moderator]

Solution
link
Another fix is unplug monitor, let its blue power light go black, and then plug back in again

It seems its a known "feature". same problem also happened on the 248Q

if its new, I would return it and ask for a replacement as its clearly an ongoing fault. And I hate to have to mess around with a brand new monitor getting it to work. Next time power is lost, play around again?

Hi!

I did all kinds of solutions: Bios / Drivers / Unplug etc.

Solution (which just happened);
Dont use a cheap cable (I used a 7eu DP before) get a good quality 1.4 (which doesn't have activie pin20 connector which seems to throw off new GPU's.)

Colif

Win 11 Master
I got mine just a week ago and had the same thing, all I did was unplug power and dp cable together then only one of them and kept just literally doing that for like 10 min and somehow worked
link
Another fix is unplug monitor, let its blue power light go black, and then plug back in again

if its new, I would return it and ask for a replacement as its clearly an ongoing fault. And I hate to have to mess around with a brand new monitor getting it to work. Next time power is lost, play around again?

Feb 3, 2021
link

Hi!

I did all kinds of solutions: Bios / Drivers / Unplug etc.

Solution (which just happened);
Dont use a cheap cable (I used a 7eu DP before) get a good quality 1.4 (which doesn't have activie pin20 connector which seems to throw off new GPU's.)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS