[SOLVED] No signal through the GPU

Sep 25, 2019
My monitors suddenly froze so I decided to restart my PC. But when I did that my monitors dont get any signal. I tried unplug the cables and plug it back in (DVI), tried other cables, didnt work. Tried to use HDMI, still doesnt work. Then I tried to plug in through the display port on the motherboard, thats when it decided to work.

May it be that my GPU has gone into eternal sleep or is there a solution?

PSU - Corsair 760M
Motherboard - Asus Strix Z390-F Gaming
CPU- i7 9700k
RAM - Corsair 16GB (2x8) 2400Mhz
GPU - AMD R9 270X 4GB
Monitors - BenQ XL2411Z
OS - W10

Last edited:
Solution
Shut down your system and remove the graphics card.
Make sure nothing has gotten into the PCI-Ex16 slot (blow it clear with a can of air).
Inspect the card for any discoloration.
Reinstall the graphics card and attempt to boot up with the display connected to the graphics card (be sure to reconnect secondary power as well).

If this fails, remove the graphics card again and try to boot the system using just the on-board graphics.
If this fails, then you've probably lost the motherboard or the power supply. Test by swapping out the power supply.
If you're able to boot with only on-board graphics, try reinstalling the graphics card into the second PCI-Ex16 slot.
If this works, then it's likely the motherboard's PCI-Ex16 slot has failed...

Wolfshadw

Titan
Shut down your system and remove the graphics card.
Make sure nothing has gotten into the PCI-Ex16 slot (blow it clear with a can of air).
Inspect the card for any discoloration.
Reinstall the graphics card and attempt to boot up with the display connected to the graphics card (be sure to reconnect secondary power as well).

If this fails, remove the graphics card again and try to boot the system using just the on-board graphics.
If this fails, then you've probably lost the motherboard or the power supply. Test by swapping out the power supply.
If you're able to boot with only on-board graphics, try reinstalling the graphics card into the second PCI-Ex16 slot.
If this works, then it's likely the motherboard's PCI-Ex16 slot has failed.
If this does not work, then it's either the power supply or the graphics card.
Test the graphics card in another, known good computer or test again in your own computer with a known, good power supply.

Replace the faulty part.

-Wolf sends

Solution

TRENDING THREADS