My specs:
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500-A
MOBO: Gigabyte z690 Aorus Ultra
CPU: Intel i7-12700k
Gfx Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 VISION OC 12GB
RAM: Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum DDR5 (5600Mhz) 2x16GB
HD: Seagate Firecude 2TB SSD M.2
PSU: Corsair RM850 850W 80+ Gold

Hi, firstly I should say this is a new build and has never been booted (succesfully) yet.
My current problem is that there is "No Signal" to my monitor via HDMI on the Gfx Card BUT it does recognise that the cable is in; just that there is no signal.
I also don't have power to my rear or front I/O and I don't know why.
I have checked my motherboards capability and it says it supports DDR5 RAM up to 4800 Mhz *but with XMP it should support the RAM I'm using. (I just can't enable XMP cos I can't boot. or at least can't see if it has because no signal)
Is the RAM causing a problem that stops HDMI signal and or the power to I/Os?
The other thing it could be is that somehow my Graphics card is not sending a signal? I will have to test my old card on this setup.
Thank you for any answers or information about this!

Last edited:
Solution
Simplest possible explanation:
Does your monitor have multiple hdmi inputs?
If so, is your hdmi cable connected to the proper one?
Does the monitor/tv have an input selection option?
Is the selection correct?

Is the hdmi cable securely connected at both ends?
Has this cable been used before?
Is it possibly defective?

Buy a dp to hdmi adapter cable to try the integrated graphics.
I would do that regardless. This situation is exactly why it is good insurance to spend some $25 more for the non F version of a processor.

Are the aux power cables to the gpu fully inserted at both the card and the psu ends?
Since you have an old working graphics card, you can try to test with that in case your new graphics card might be defective.
Your CPU is 12700K or 12700KF? If former - remove GPU and connect monitor to motherboard; if latter - use your old GPU.
I also don't have power to my rear or front I/O and I don't know why.
It won't work until your setup successfully boots - which so far it didn't.
I have checked my motherboards capability and it says it supports DDR5 RAM up to 4800 Mhz *but with XMP it should support the RAM I'm using.
Irrelevant at this point. Mobo will set up the RAM at as low speed as it needs to for first start so it does not matter what speed your sticks are rated for. What may matter is if the RAM is on motherboard QVL list?

Feb 14, 2022
You can test with another GPU.
As long as you are 100% sure that the other GPU is working it will certainly do.
Okay I tried the old GPU (which definitely works in another system) and it also received no signal.

Also I am getting a "C1" error on the Mobo LED, is this a problem that can prevent a boot?
DSCF5798.jpg

Here also is what the Gfx card looks like etc when I turn it on
DSCF5793.jpg

And finally here is the difference between No HDMI plugged in and HDMI plugged in on the monitor.
DSCF5791.jpg
DSCF5792.jpg

Is any of this clear as to a particular problem? I am stuck thinking whether it must be the Motherboard itself or the CPU? *UNLESS C1 error does prevent a boot.

Feb 14, 2022
Recheck your RAM installation
Yep all in correctly the only thing I can possibly think is the RAM frequency is too high? The only things that I'm aware of that can actually prevent boot is the CPU not working or the Motherboard, I know having no RAM in would too but dunno about the chances that they are both broken?

Simplest possible explanation:
Does your monitor have multiple hdmi inputs?
If so, is your hdmi cable connected to the proper one?
Does the monitor/tv have an input selection option?
Is the selection correct?

Is the hdmi cable securely connected at both ends?
Has this cable been used before?
Is it possibly defective?

Buy a dp to hdmi adapter cable to try the integrated graphics.
I would do that regardless. This situation is exactly why it is good insurance to spend some $25 more for the non F version of a processor.

Are the aux power cables to the gpu fully inserted at both the card and the psu ends?
Since you have an old working graphics card, you can try to test with that in case your new graphics card might be defective.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS