[SOLVED] No signal to monitor after pc crash - recently built and panicking!

Aug 17, 2021
I recently built my first pc, and I've run into my first big problem. It has been running with no issues for about 3 months. I just got an ultrawide 144hz monitor. While testing out settings on a game, it crashed occasionally, but it was never overclocking the cpu or gpu - I kept the specs up on a second monitor, and the gpu never got over 70 degrees and fans weren't at 100%. I also used Driver Easy (pro) to update all my drivers when it crashed a few times just to be safe.

Today, the game crashed, and the screen went black. When I tried to reboot it, it turned on completely normal, but without signal to either monitor. Nothing has worked to get the monitor on, so I can't do any testing.

I've tried a bunch of different things - different DP and HDMI cables, switching ram slots, taking out and reinserting bios cmos battery, unplugging the power source to monitor and pc, etc. Nothing has worked. Everything on the pc turns on, all the fans run except for on the gpu - but sometimes those two gpus fans don't run on that right away until I actually get into windows anyway. Really nervous that I completely wrecked something. Before I go out and have to somehow find another gpu (it took forever to get mine in the first place), does anyone have any ideas?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Zotac 1070 ti mini
MB: MSI Tomahawk b450 max ii
PSU: bequiet Pure Power 11 600W 80+ gold
16 gb ram

I bought the GPU used, so I'm a little worried it wasn't taken care of and someone scammed me as a pc newbie, but it has been working well over the past 3 months prior to this.

Solution
You shouldn't use Driver Easy to update the driver, they're not always up to date like what you expect.

Download the important drivers manually (like Amd Chipset driver and Nvidia Driver from their own website.)

Also if you could get to boot, try to update to the latest bios (download here, unzip and copy to flashdrive).

I never have any good experience on using driver easy since they always mess up my device, so did a clean install and install the important drivers like chipset and gpu driver and let windows update by its own.
You shouldn't use Driver Easy to update the driver, they're not always up to date like what you expect.

Download the important drivers manually (like Amd Chipset driver and Nvidia Driver from their own website.)

Also if you could get to boot, try to update to the latest bios (download here, unzip and copy to flashdrive).

I never have any good experience on using driver easy since they always mess up my device, so did a clean install and install the important drivers like chipset and gpu driver and let windows update by its own.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution
Aug 17, 2021

Thanks for the reply. If I can get it to show anything on the screen, I'll reset all the drivers to what I had before I updated. Unfortunately, none of that helps me with my current problem, which is that I can't get any signal to my monitor. I need to figure that out first.