Question No signal to monitor after wake or power on

Feb 23, 2020
2 weeks ago, I installed a Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ graphics card into my 2 year old lite gaming PC. I was replacing a 1050 Ti which has never had any problems but just doesn't seem to cut it anymore when it comes to new triple A titles. After installing the new RX 580, my monitor couldn't detect a signal, and this went on for about 4 hours until I eventually gave up. During that lengthy 4 hour process, I reseated the card several times, reinstalled the ram, unplugged and replugged all PSU connections, tried several different HDMI cables, tried 2 other monitors, plus anything else I could think of. It was getting late, so I decided to call it a day.

When I woke up, I was determined to get my computer to work, however, that didn't take long, as on my first try, my monitor detected a signal. I then went on to install new drivers and set up the card. I then tested the card out with some 1080p ultra settings gaming on the Outer World's for about 2 hours and the system ran like a dream. Everything seemed to be working ok until I decided to put my computer to sleep during the afternoon. When I went to wake my PC, the dreaded 'No signal detected' showed up again, even though the computer itself seemed to be running fine.

I turned off the computer and held down the power button for 60 secs, and then unplugged the PSU and left it for about 20 mins. When I turned on the PC, the PC started up, but still no signal was being detected by my monitor. I went through a lengthy process of turning it on and off and swapping monitors until it just decided to randomly work again.

Since then, I have literally left my computer on until today Al(about1 week), and everything has been working fine until windows wanted to do an update and restart. On restart, once again no signal detected by the monitor.

To me, this problem seems to be some kind of power cycle issue, as the graphics card seems to be running fine, it's only when the signal is lost between the PC and the monitor due to being put to sleep or turned off, that this problem seems to arise. Before installing the new graphics card, all old drivers were removed using DDU. Any ideas to what the problem might be? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

System Specs
I5 7400 Kabylake
Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+
MSI B250M Mortar Motherboard
2X 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400 DDR4 Ram
Corsair CX550M PSU
Western Digital Blue 1TB HD

Last edited by a moderator:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS