HardAsARockie

Prominent
Apr 16, 2019
Hello. I just recently built a PC. I can turn on the PC, but a few things are off. The motherboard shows a white light, and I can see all the fans are on. However, there is no power switch LED, there is no signal to the monitor, the keyboard and mouse aren't lighting up, and you are unable to turn off the computer through the power button. I think that the problem is the arrangement of system cables, like power switch +/-, but since the keyboard and mouse aren't turning off I'm having second thoughts. Please help.

Solution
One common error in new builds is failure to use the case stand-offs correctly. You may have done it right, maybe not. Read my post of Sept 6/19 in this thread.

As it happens, that was NOT the problem for that particular thread, but my post is general. If that does not solve your problem, let us know for further suggestions.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

We can move forward from there. You should ideally have the system breadboarded in order to get parts in(or out).

HardAsARockie

Prominent
Apr 16, 2019
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard - MSI B450 Bazooka V2
Ram - Corsair LTX 16GB 3000Mhz
GPU - Evga Superclocked 1060
PSU - Corsair CX430
Chassis: Corsair Carbide 200R

I'm not experienced in troubleshooting PC's, so I would greatly appreciate it if you could run me through this. Thank you for the reply

HardAsARockie

Prominent
Apr 16, 2019
Hello. I recently built a PC. Here are all the parts:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Graphics Card: EVGA Superclocked 1060
Ram: Corsair LTX 3000Mhz 16GB
PSU: Corsair CX430

Build went well. I can turn the PC on, and all the fans work. However, there is absolutely no signal to the monitor and there is no power switch LED visible.

The only light coming from the motherboard is the ez debug lights.
View: https://imgur.com/telr0NW

DRAM and CPU are lit up, but boot and VGA are not lit up.

I called a local computer store and they advised me to buy a different compatible processor to test with the motherboard to see if it boots.

It would mean the world to me if anyone could reply and help. Thanks so much to anyone that helps!

rgd1101

Don't
check list

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
One common error in new builds is failure to use the case stand-offs correctly. You may have done it right, maybe not. Read my post of Sept 6/19 in this thread.

As it happens, that was NOT the problem for that particular thread, but my post is general. If that does not solve your problem, let us know for further suggestions.

Solution
If the standoffs are correct, and your power connections are correct, the power supply itself concerns me a bit. You are right on the floor of what a build with your parts would require, that overall design of the power supply is pretty old, and when it came out over 8 years ago that power supply wasn't considered a "top-end" unit at the time. Swap out for a more powerful unit and see if your computer boots up.