Question No signal to monitor from GPU or motherboard?

Jul 25, 2020
Bought my PC in 2012 and in the past few days have added an SDD and upgraded the PSU and GPU, as listed in the parts list.

After installing the GPU I got a blue screened a few times with an 'system thread exception not handled' error message.
I followed some online troubleshooting advice and reinstalled Windows off a USB. Things seemed to be working fine until the next time I booted up, no signal to the monitor.

I followed some more online advice: removed the new GPU and booted up off the motherboard VGA, disabled the Intel HD Graphics driver, then put GPU back in and booted up again.
I now had a signal from the GPU HDMI. I installed the latest Geforce drivers and thought things were fine.

This morning however I couldn't get a signal form either the GPU or the motherboard VGA. The computer turns on and seems to be booting up but I'm getting no picture.
I have checked my connections, tested different monitors and cables. It is definitely a computer problem. It might be worth noting that my PC case is quite small, and the cables are sort of tightly packed though don't seem to be in the way of anything important.
Not sure what to try now. Could my motherboard be too old for my GTX 1660 Super? The last BIOS update was in 2013.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Processor
MSI H77MA-G43 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
X2 Kingston 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1333 CL9 Memory
Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB OC
Corsair CV 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to power down the system, unplug from the wall and remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Replace it after 15 mins. If you're able to get into BIOS>OS>GUI, then I'd advise you to use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers(while the GTX1660Ti is out)and then shut down the system. Drop in the GTX1660Ti and then power up then install the latest drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site and install them manually in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Jul 25, 2020
You might want to power down the system, unplug from the wall and remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Replace it after 15 mins. If you're able to get into BIOS>OS>GUI, then I'd advise you to use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers(while the GTX1660Ti is out)and then shut down the system. Drop in the GTX1660Ti and then power up then install the latest drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site and install them manually in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Tried this, still wasn't able to get a monitor signal to get into BIOS unfortunately.