Question No signal to monitor greenlight in motherboard

Mar 17, 2019
Hello.
So i built my pc 5 months ago it ran perfectly i had no problems and yesterday i tried to oc the gpu on msi afterburner. I added 150 mhz to the core and 800 mhz to the memory and i done the mistake off saving it and to start afterburner with windows. I tested the oc scanner that is in afterburner instant hard crash. Reboot pc no signal on monitor tried several times always black screen and i think the pc booted fine all components showed life all fans spinning and when i pressed the power button on the case it took a while to turn off,and no lights on the motherboard. After i cleared cmos several times switched ram sticks took of the m.2 ssd put it back in.Now i get a green light on the motheroard it stands for boot on the manual and it says if the light stays on i have a booting problem cuz it usually blinks once and goes away. Do u think its the gpu or the motherboard im assuming it was because of that bad overclock, if its the gpu am i still able to send it to warranty, i realy dont know what to do its my 1st biuld so i dont have any other gpu or motherboard i ll leave my specs bellow please help

Msi 2080 gaming x trio
Ryzen 7 2700x
16 gb of ram trident flare x for ryzen
Corsair 750x

Ps i didnt touch core voltage just put power limit and fans speed to max

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Can you see the bios at all on startup?

Refer to your original thread. Regarding ram i put there the correct slots to use and cmos battery + side up.

Mar 17, 2019
No sir i just got a black screen i assume it is booting to bios cuz now if i touch the power button on the case it turns off instantly and i had the ram sticks in the right position everything powers up just no signal an i tried all dislpay ports on the gpu shield an motherboard ports

boju

Titan
Ambassador
As you are aware your cpu doesn't have igpu.

Check steps here.

Check over things carefully, plugs and cables properly seated both ends. Try one ram stick only in A2, try each stick separately. Check cmos battery is in properly and correct side up.

If you're sure it's all plugged and seated right then best take it to a pc store for diagnosis.

Mar 17, 2019
So i just solved the problem xD and the solution it is actualy a bit hilarious. So the problem was not in the gpu nor the motherboard was the monitor xD
i have a benq xl dont know the exact model but its a 1080p 144hz i just unpluged the powercord put it back in and it just worked xD just that simple i spent 3 days trying to troubleshoot with no luck and was dat simple xD at least im so glad my components were not damaged and i hope this thread may help someone in the future