No signal to monitor.

Harry_28

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
Hello guys, I am having a problem with my display. My monitor doesn't display anything when i connected via HDMI cable, but it seems to work fine when i connect it with VGA cable. HDMI cable worked fine for the last few weeks when i have this computer built until this last few days.

Solution
It happened to me too, so I connected BOTH the dvi AND the HDMI cables to my monitor, then I browsed the MONITOR MENU (with the small obnoxious buttons on the side of the screen) and selected the option "automatically switch to HDMI at startup".
Then I turned everything off, took the DVI cable out, left ONLY my HDMI cable plugged in and now EVERY TIME I boot my PC, the monitor automatically switches to HDMI

hugemetalfan

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
It happened to me too, so I connected BOTH the dvi AND the HDMI cables to my monitor, then I browsed the MONITOR MENU (with the small obnoxious buttons on the side of the screen) and selected the option "automatically switch to HDMI at startup".
Then I turned everything off, took the DVI cable out, left ONLY my HDMI cable plugged in and now EVERY TIME I boot my PC, the monitor automatically switches to HDMI

Solution