No signal to Monitor

Hunter Flax

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017
Hello i just built my friend a gaming computer, when I start it up it turns on for 21 seconds then turns of and on again. All of the parts work.
WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - SATA 6 Gb/s
Intel Pentium G Series 3.50 GHz Dual-Core LGA 1151 Processor
Apevia ATX-CT520W Captain 520W Power Supply w/ All Black Cables
MSI GAMING GeForce GT 710 2GB GDRR3
Biostar Biostar H110Mhv3 Socket 1151 Ddr3 Vga Hdmi Atx Motherboard
ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case
DOMINATOR® — 2GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit

I connect all of the cables to my monitor and it say no signal. I appreciate the help.

Solution
First guess, aside from something not connected properly, is the power supply. A good 520 watt PSU should not cost the same as a cheap steak dinner.

That video card also should not be used in the same page as the words "gaming computer". 710 is an older basic use card. 2 GB of RAM is also too little for anything modern, you would see that in 10 year old Windows XP systems.

The only Pentium worth to get for games is the Pentium G4560. Did you do any research about the parts to use for the games he wants to play? This system would only be good for older games or something like LOL on lower settings.

This is pretty good price after rebate https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16817139146 for a lower end gaming setup.

First guess, aside from something not connected properly, is the power supply. A good 520 watt PSU should not cost the same as a cheap steak dinner.

That video card also should not be used in the same page as the words "gaming computer". 710 is an older basic use card. 2 GB of RAM is also too little for anything modern, you would see that in 10 year old Windows XP systems.

The only Pentium worth to get for games is the Pentium G4560. Did you do any research about the parts to use for the games he wants to play? This system would only be good for older games or something like LOL on lower settings.

This is pretty good price after rebate https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16817139146 for a lower end gaming setup.

Solution