• PSU: Be quiet! System Power 9
700 W
• CPU cooler: Id-cooling se 213v2
• SSD: Goodram cx300 120 gb
• HDD: Western Digital 500 GB +
Western Digital 2 TB
• case: Rampage X-Core

I'm facing the following issue:

I've got the "no signal" message on the monitor when the VGA cable is attached to the mobos VGA port. If it isn't, then I receive a "cable not connected" message.
I've read many of the posts where the scenario was the same, I've gone through a list posted here on Tom's hardware what possibly could cause this, reseated the rams, tried with only one-in in all of the slots, reassembled the whole computer 3 times, took out the mobos battery, reset the CMOS, tried without GPU, tried without the cooler, then with the cooler attached again, checked if all the necessary power cables are attached, read the manuals, looked up on pcpartpicker if there's any incompatibility I may have had forgotten about, but nothing seems to have worked.
The pc is laying now on its side, I wonder whether swapping the monitor (current one has only VGA port) to one that has hdmi port and trying attaching them with a hdmi cable would solve my problem.
Please let me know if any of you has something that can be useful in this case!
Link to mega for some pictures of the build: http://bit.do/Tomshpics

Thanks in advance
Pisti

Hi,

I've built a new pc, specs are:
• mobo: ASRock X370 Pro 4
• CPU: AMD Ryzen 1800 X
• ram: 2 x 8 GB G. Skill Ripjaws
3200 MHz
• GPU: Asus GTX 1070 dual OC
• PSU: Be quiet! System Power 9
700 W
• CPU cooler: Id-cooling se 213v2
• SSD: Goodram cx300 120 gb
• HDD: Western Digital 500 GB +
Western Digital 2 TB
• case: Rampage X-Core

I'm facing the following issue:

I've got the "no signal" message on the monitor when the VGA cable is attached to the mobos VGA port. If it isn't, then I receive a "cable not connected" message.
I've read many of the posts where the scenario was the same, I've gone through a list posted here on Tom's hardware what possibly could cause this, reseated the rams, tried with only one-in in all of the slots, reassembled the whole computer 3 times, took out the mobos battery, reset the CMOS, tried without GPU, tried without the cooler, then with the cooler attached again, checked if all the necessary power cables are attached, read the manuals, looked up on pcpartpicker if there's any incompatibility I may have forget about, but nothing seems to have worked.
The pc is laying now on its side, I wonder whether swapping the monitor (current one has only VGA port) to one that has hdmi port and trying attaching them with a hdmi cable would solve my problem.
Please let me know if any of you has something that can be useful in this case!
Link to mega for some pictures of the build: http://bit.do/Tomshpics

Thanks in advance
Pisti

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Please don't start multiple threads to ask the same question. Ask a single time, in a single section of the forum. Use tags to expand the topic as needed. Thank you.

The VGA port on the motherboard will not provide a signal as the CPU lacks an integrated GPU. You must connect to a port on your GTX 1070.

Reactions: pistiC

TRENDING THREADS