[SOLVED] No signal to monitor

Sep 4, 2020
Hi,
I just recently finished my first build, and after finally installing the WiFi card today, my monitor is not receiving a signal. I am running a Geforce GTX 1650 GPU and an Asrock b450m pro4 mobo. The GPU fan was initially working even though it wasn't sending a signal, but since i powered on after removing one of my ram cartridges, it hasn't spun. I have the GPU back in its normal position at the top pciex16 slot and have tried changing the ram cartridge slots. During the install I also accidentally unplugged the VGA cable from the PSU but have plugged it back in and I have reinstalled the WiFi card and GPU a several times but no luck yet. USB and LEDs still work. Any suggestions?

Solution
I mean that it booted up normally. I was able to set up the computer and then play a game. No gray "No signal detected" screen. Then i tried to install the wifi card, which required me to temporarily remove gpu, and something seems to have gone wrong. No signal is being transmitted to the monitor and the gpu fan has stopped spinning.

OK, the way it was worded initially was a little puzzling, so thanks for the clarification.

At this point, I suspect an install problem or an component problem caused by breaking something during the install. Usually for something like this, it's a pain, but I'd recommend stripping it back down to basics and trying to run the whole outside the case on a non-conductive surface (the motherboard box...
Sep 4, 2020
It was working today. I even played a game on it that I transferred over from a flash drive. I think it is compatible, the CPU is a Ryzen 5 2600 and it wasn't flagged by pcpartpicker. I was already advised to take the CMOS out and wait for 30 mins, which i am doing now. Something must have happened when i took it apart, because it was perfectly fine for its first ~24 hrs without the wifi card.

Sep 4, 2020
This is a bit confusing. How did you know it was working if it wasn't sending a signal?
I mean that it booted up normally. I was able to set up the computer and then play a game. No gray "No signal detected" screen. Then i tried to install the wifi card, which required me to temporarily remove gpu, and something seems to have gone wrong. No signal is being transmitted to the monitor and the gpu fan has stopped spinning.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

OK, the way it was worded initially was a little puzzling, so thanks for the clarification.

At this point, I suspect an install problem or an component problem caused by breaking something during the install. Usually for something like this, it's a pain, but I'd recommend stripping it back down to basics and trying to run the whole outside the case on a non-conductive surface (the motherboard box is used for this frequently) with just a single stick of memory.

My biggest worry is that you somehow broke the GPU taking it out.

Solution