Question no signal to screen Asus P5k & not turn off

tzitzikas

Prominent
Feb 17, 2020
Hi. I installed an used Asus P5k motherboard in my old pc case, which I bought (as 100% testing ok) from ebay. I installed cpu (core 2 Duo E6400), psu (all psu connections), ram ddr2 667Mhz 2 modules and front panel connectios (M/B SW and reset SW). Also I installed nVidia GeForce 210 Rev1.0 1GB DDR3 PCI-E VGA . If I press the M/B SW from case front panel, the fan of cpu and VGA are spinning. But I have not any signal from bios to my lcd screen. An orange led on motherboard is lighting always. But when I press the M/B SW many seconds to close the fans, the fans do not stop spinning. I tried to clear the CMOS RTC RAM by moving the jumper, but nothing. Do you have any idea? Thank you in advance!

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
All of the power connectors are plugged in? And did you try testing the ram sticks 1 by 1? If that doesn’t work then it could be the gpu or the motherboard is toast. I had a p5 deluxe that bit the dust fairly recently I think it was related to the caps on the board. Might want to have a look at the caps make sure they are all in good shape and not bloated on the top