[SOLVED] No signal to TV monitor after resizing Desktop

May 29, 2020
The computer is a HP Z800 with 1 T HDD and Nvidia 1030 GPU.
Monitor- Sanyo HDMI TV

Issue:
The image was a little larger than the screen size and I was losing some of the image off the edges of the screen. I used the Nvidia control panel to resize the Desktop to fit the screen and when I saved changes the monitor lost signal from the 1030 GPU. I couldn't get signal back and did a hard shut down. When I powered back up it goes through the initial starts screens then signal to monitor is lost again. I have no clue how to fix this as there doesn't seem to be a way to get into Windows now.

thanks.

Solution
Start up your computer/windows in safe mode. You should be able to go in and make sure all the settings are correct before going back to regular mode. If that doesn't work, briefly jump the clr cmos pins on your motherboard or else, in the bios, reset to default settings and restart.

jwcrellin

Reputable
Start up your computer/windows in safe mode. You should be able to go in and make sure all the settings are correct before going back to regular mode. If that doesn't work, briefly jump the clr cmos pins on your motherboard or else, in the bios, reset to default settings and restart.

Solution
May 29, 2020
How do you boot in safe mode with Windows 10, from what I understand they removed that option and pressing F8 at start no longer functions.

If I can't do that I'll try the bios reset as I can get to that option at the start screen. It's an old workstation so it has a start sequence I haven't seen in a PC.

May 29, 2020

That worked, thank you very much.