Question No signal - video doesn't reach the monitor

Oct 20, 2022
Hello, first time posting here so sorry if I chose the wrong category.

I have ran into an issue where my monitor didn't show anything when i turned my pc on last Thursday - it said that there was no signal. First things i did were check the hdmi cable, switch it, try using a different monitor - nothing helped, so I figured the issue was within the pc. Funny thing is, wednesday night i was using my pc just fine. Turned it off, went to sleep and the issue was there when i woke up.

My specs at the time:
CPU - AMD FX(tm)-8320
GPU - GeForce GTX 1650
Motherboard - Asus M5A97 R2.0
Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM 1600MHz.

It seemed most likely that my GPU was the culprit, so i tested another one in my pc - issue persisted. Tested my GPU on another pc - it works fine. I tested another PSU with my pc, issue persisted. I figured it had to be either my motherboard or the CPU causing the issue, and I had no spare compatible parts to test either of them, and it was time for an upgrade anyway, so I just got new parts.

Current specs:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 - 3600
GPU - GeForce GTX 1650
Motherboard - MSI B450 A Pro Max ATX
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3200MHz

I built the pc, set everything up. Issue persists. I feel like I've tried everything and eliminated all possible issues, yet there's still no signal. Has anyone ever encountered any similar problems, or has any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Hello, first time posting here so sorry if I chose the wrong category.

I have ran into an issue where my monitor didn't show anything when i turned my pc on last Thursday - it said that there was no signal. First things i did were check the hdmi cable, switch it, try using a different monitor - nothing helped, so I figured the issue was within the pc. Funny thing is, wednesday night i was using my pc just fine. Turned it off, went to sleep and the issue was there when i woke up.

My specs at the time:
CPU - AMD FX(tm)-8320
GPU - GeForce GTX 1650
Motherboard - Asus M5A97 R2.0
Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM 1600MHz.

It seemed most likely that my GPU was the culprit, so i tested another one in my pc - issue persisted. Tested my GPU on another pc - it works fine. I tested another PSU with my pc, issue persisted. I figured it had to be either my motherboard or the CPU causing the issue, and I had no spare compatible parts to test either of them, and it was time for an upgrade anyway, so I just got new parts.

Current specs:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 - 3600
GPU - GeForce GTX 1650
Motherboard - MSI B450 A Pro Max ATX
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3200MHz

I built the pc, set everything up. Issue persists. I feel like I've tried everything and eliminated all possible issues, yet there's still no signal. Has anyone ever encountered any similar problems, or has any ideas as to what the problem could be?
RAM/memory can cause a problem like that too.

Oct 20, 2022
Thanks for the replies, I've solved the issue - turns out I had to update the bios. Didn't think about doing this at first because when i was choosing new parts i specifically chose this motherboard because it was supposed to be compatible with the cpu without the bios update, but it needed it anyway. The first time around, with old parts the issue probably was cpu/motherboard related.