[SOLVED] No signal when booting

Aug 3, 2018
Hi. I bought a new motherboard and CPU. Before I installed the new motherboard I reinstalled windows, but replaced the motherboard and CPU before setting up. Now it says no signal when I turn on my monitor. What should I do?
Specs:
GTX 1070
Win10pro
R52600
MSI b-350 gaming pro carbon
Gskill ripjaws V 3200 MHz

Thank you in advance!!

Solution
Wondering if the new motherboard is defective.

Are you able to return to the original working configuration (i.e., old motherboard, etc.)?

If so, get your computer working again and then make another attempt at upgrading and migrating to the new motherboard and CPU.

Do some additional reading with respect to "how-to's" and tutorials. Just to ensure that you did not overlook some step or requirement relevant to the process.

In short - "do over".

Aug 3, 2018
I was using HDMI from my GTX 1070, but that didn't work. My new motherboard is MSI b-350 gaming pro carbon. My new CPU is r5 2600. I have tried all the ports on the motherboard and used vga DVI and HDMI on GPU. Nothing works. My display has DVI and vga input. I hope this answers your question

Ralston18

Titan
Does safe mode work?

Does the monitor work on another computer?

Does another monitor work on your computer?

And you did try other known working video cables - correct?

Did you try downloading (via manufacturer's website), reinstalling, and reconfiguring the drivers for the GTX 1070?

Double check the motherboard's supported components list.

Aug 3, 2018

I have no other monitor. It worked before I swapped out the mobo. I can't download anything because windows isn't set up yet

Ralston18

Titan
Wondering if the new motherboard is defective.

Are you able to return to the original working configuration (i.e., old motherboard, etc.)?

If so, get your computer working again and then make another attempt at upgrading and migrating to the new motherboard and CPU.

Do some additional reading with respect to "how-to's" and tutorials. Just to ensure that you did not overlook some step or requirement relevant to the process.

In short - "do over".

Solution
Aug 3, 2018

I am putting the old motherboard and CPU back in the case and seeing if it's something with the monitor, but if it isn't I will try that
Thank you!