[SOLVED] No signal when entering bios with rx 5700 xt

Aug 11, 2019
Hi,

like the title says, i am getting no signal from xfx rx 5700 xt, when trying to go into bios, with the del key. I decided to format the windows and do i clean install and first thing first i needed to change the boot priority and to my surprise i had no luck getting a signal from the card, i could see the red light on the mobo indicating that i was in the bios just there was no picture. I can get into windows just fine. So the card has 3x DP and 1x hdmi, nothing works. Maybe if it had dvi i could get a signal, not sure whats going on. Tried all of the ports. Tried it on my monitor and TV. *no signal. I get a signal with the previous card no problem. I am stuck what to do? I tried so many things, my brains are gonna melt

Reset cmos, (lost my overclock because of that....) reseeded graphic card, tried going into bios thru recovery options, only to figure out that i have a legacy bios not UEFI. So what i did was, i replaced the card with previous one, it was on dvi port, got into bios changed the boot priority, installed a fresh copy of windows, downloaded software for my devices, unplug power, switch back to 5700 xt in hopes it will change something with the fresh install but to no avail, same thing. So i installed the new adrenaline software hoping that was gonna fix the problem then the monitor got green, so did the tv. I restarted and it was fine. But no success, with signal going out and monitor to sleep when trying to get into bios. I need to get into bios so i can mess with overclocks and update bios via qflash utility for the new ryzen procesor. So does anyone have an idea what to do?

My specs

Windows 10
Current bios version f6
Ryzen 5 1600x
Gigabyte ab350 gaming 3-CF
16 GB of ram
SSD samsung 840
corsair 750 W

Solution
You can try putting old gpu back in and going in to bios and disabling all power savings mode, especially for pcie. Check your pcie slots, gpu etc. Perhaps the computer is starting in power savings mode and not turning on until windows loads. Also disable sleep mode for the monitor in power settings.
Aug 11, 2019
Update: so i updated the bios thru the app center @bios to the newest one and no luck so far, still no signal output whatsoever...

untitled.jpg

Aug 11, 2019
The card is working in windows fine, i have it in right know, well i really hope its performing, i played pubg a bit getting around 100-150 fps on 1080p. (The old gpu was nvidia gtx 970.) I did furmark test everything okey. A bit hot. I just cant get a signal when i hit del key, monitor goes to sleep and black screen. But it is responding, not hanging or crashing. Pressing caps lock or num lock keyboard lights up, cant figure this one out, why no signal when attempting to go into bios... :(

Aug 11, 2019
Hey again, was at work. Only sleep and Lock functions enabled in power settings. Fast boot disabled.
So again let me clear this, i can get to bios, (pretty sure i am in) just can not see a picture. (Monitor goes to sleep mode)

You can try putting old gpu back in and going in to bios and disabling all power savings mode, especially for pcie. Check your pcie slots, gpu etc. Perhaps the computer is starting in power savings mode and not turning on until windows loads. Also disable sleep mode for the monitor in power settings.

Solution
Sep 28, 2020
Hi,

like the title says, i am getting no signal from xfx rx 5700 xt, when trying to go into bios, with the del key. I decided to format the windows and do i clean install and first thing first i needed to change the boot priority and to my surprise i had no luck getting a signal from the card, i could see the red light on the mobo indicating that i was in the bios just there was no picture. I can get into windows just fine. So the card has 3x DP and 1x hdmi, nothing works. Maybe if it had dvi i could get a signal, not sure whats going on. Tried all of the ports. Tried it on my monitor and TV. *no signal. I get a signal with the previous card no problem. I am stuck what to do? I tried so many things, my brains are gonna melt

Reset cmos, (lost my overclock because of that....) reseeded graphic card, tried going into bios thru recovery options, only to figure out that i have a legacy bios not UEFI. So what i did was, i replaced the card with previous one, it was on dvi port, got into bios changed the boot priority, installed a fresh copy of windows, downloaded software for my devices, unplug power, switch back to 5700 xt in hopes it will change something with the fresh install but to no avail, same thing. So i installed the new adrenaline software hoping that was gonna fix the problem then the monitor got green, so did the tv. I restarted and it was fine. But no success, with signal going out and monitor to sleep when trying to get into bios. I need to get into bios so i can mess with overclocks and update bios via qflash utility for the new ryzen procesor. So does anyone have an idea what to do?

My specs

Windows 10
Current bios version f6
Ryzen 5 1600x
Gigabyte ab350 gaming 3-CF
16 GB of ram
SSD samsung 840
corsair 750 W

Did anyone ever find a fix for this, I am having the same issue. No splash screen or post options, just get an input not supported. I wait and windows boots fine. If I reboot with my TV plugged in I can see all the post stuff.

Did anyone ever find a fix for this, I am having the same issue. No splash screen or post options, just get an input not supported. I wait and windows boots fine. If I reboot with my TV plugged in I can see all the post stuff.

Well this is a bit of a catch 22. I believe the fix is to initialize the PCI-e bus as the primary graphics port first. But to do this you need to get into BIOS. :D

Second guess is sometimes the new video card may be outputting in a resolution that is not supported by your monitor. For example. I run my nas box through an HDMI switch which doesn't oddly support 1280x720. But it's on a 12 year old receiver meant for DVD and BluRay players. If I run it straight to the TV, not a problem. If I run it through the HDMI switcher, no dice for the BIOS.

So to get around this, try pulling your video cable a couple times during the boot sequence. This sometimes helped me. Don't ask why. It just did.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS