[SOLVED] No signal when gpu is in stress (gaming)

Sep 1, 2019
So my problem is, when i want to play any games which are more hardcore for PC (Witcher 3, WoW:Classic, GTA V). i´ve got black screen --> Monitor saying "NO SINGAL".

I tried:
reinstall OS
orther drivers (used DDU)
orther slots on MB
run a few memtests (ok)
stressed CPU for about an hour (ok)
updated bios of MB

I bought new PSU --> didnt help at all
I bought new GPU --> didnt help at all
I bought new MB --> problem was gone for a month

I am using Heaven Benchmark 4.0 for stressing the GPU, there is Basic setting wich i can run endlessly and then Extreme. When i run Extreme i see 1 sec the test and then NO SINGAL....

Do you any suggestion guys?

GPU: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 100ME, 4GB
MB: ASUS Q87M-E
first MB: ASROCK Z97 Anniversary
RAM: 2x HyperX Fury Black 4GB DDR3 1866
CPU: i7-4790k
PSU: idk (some 600W)
Cooler: Hydro Series™ H110i GT 280mm Extreme Performance
256GB SSD
1T HDD

Solution
Well if you have another PSU that's known to be working and good quality. Try it.
Definitely seems more than driver based if it only happens under GPU load, including when you stress test.

Have you monitored CPU and GPU temps when you perform the test?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

What was your previous PSU make and model and the new one?

It's quite common for poor quality PSUs to fault under load, I.e. when starting and running a game, as the load drawn from the PSU causes a sudden voltage increase which can trigger hyper-sensitive protections or fluctuations which could lead to the no signal. If the PSU is poor quality, even if you get a new one the issue could repeat.

Not saying it is definitely the PSU, but certainly could be. When you say you bought new MB, the issue then came back after a month?

Sep 1, 2019
I had this problem and new MB fixed it and 1 month later it was back. I dont remeber the PSU´s, but its average PSU.

If i understand to it right. Your are saying that my PSU is destroying MBs? OK, i am gonna try to RMA them.

Thank you i am gonna leave feedback. How it went...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I had this problem and new MB fixed it and 1 month later it was back. I dont remeber the PSU´s, but its average PSU.

If i understand to it right. Your are saying that my PSU is destroying MBs? OK, i am gonna try to RMA them.

Thank you i am gonna leave feedback. How it went...
Not necessarily, just saying the PSU could be the problem if it is poor quality.
Do you have other components you can use to swap out?
I wouldn't rush to a conclusion!

Reactions: Figi
Sep 1, 2019
I think the old one is Coolermaster zdroj B2 series 600W PFC v2.3, 12cm fan, eff. 85%

Its sucks, but when i was buying it, i was young and dumb...

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well if you have another PSU that's known to be working and good quality. Try it.
Definitely seems more than driver based if it only happens under GPU load, including when you stress test.

Solution
Sep 1, 2019

Yea...
CPU 70 °C stress
GPU Basic stres 40 °C
Extreme stres 68 °C

Sep 1, 2019
Today's update:
Tried my GPU in friend's PC. Stressed it for about an 1 hour. Everythink was OK.

Changed my PSU for another one. Now i am stressing Gpu for about an 20 mins. It looks like it solved the problem.

I was just unlucky with 2 PSU´s, they were crap. Third one solved it.

So thank you guys. :)

TRENDING THREADS