[SOLVED] No signal when GPU is plugged in

Jul 14, 2020
I am installing a Radeon RX 570 into this old pre-built lenovo desktop (Model H420 Type 7752) however, whenever I plug in the 8-pin power connector into the GPU and boot up the PC, it gives no signal. I've already disabled the onboard graphics. I am using a Samsung TV since I currently do not own a monitor, and am using a HDMI cable. I have the GPU plugged into the PCIe x16 slot and have not taken it out if that matters.

Solution
Did you update the motherboard's bios before doing this?
Where to find that? Product support page.

If it still doesn't work after that, then that would mean your board doesn't support UEFI drivers, which the Radeon gpu requires, and that means you're stuck with older gpus for that system.
Radeon R9 and GTX 700 is the most recent you'd be able to use with that PC if the above turns out to be true.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

If it still doesn't work after that, then that would mean your board doesn't support UEFI drivers, which the Radeon gpu requires, and that means you're stuck with older gpus for that system.
Radeon R9 and GTX 700 is the most recent you'd be able to use with that PC if the above turns out to be true.

Reactions: BergerArk
Solution
Jul 14, 2020

After looking through the product support page, it says there are no bios updates for my PC. You are likely right about the motherboard not supporting UEFI drivers, so looks like I'm going to have to get a new motherboard or GPU. Thank you for your help.

Last edited: