[SOLVED] No signal when i turn on computer with new msi 3060ti ventus 2x

Dec 17, 2020
Specs: Intel i7 6700 cpu, 32gb ram, old 1060 and new 3060ti ventus 2x, max 700 watt psu, two 1 terabyte hard drives

The computer i have was originally prebuilt but i’ve upgraded it slowly to have 2 terabytes of storage and 32gb of ddr4 ram. The original gpu was a nvidia 1060 but i decided to upgrade to the 3060ti. when it first arrived i noticed it didn’t have a dvi port so i just plugged the dvi cable into the motherboard but that only used the integrated graphics. I then went out to buy a display port cable since i didn’t have any around the house. When i returned i plugged the display port cord in and it said no signal on the monitor so i tried the dvi cable again and it also said no signal. The gpu has two 8 pin pcie cords but i originally had a 8 pin and a 6 pin so 2 spots were open during all of this. i asked a friend for their suggestions and they told me to check the psu. The max wattage is 700w but while i was looking i saw an extra 8 pin pcie cord hidden so i brought it to the front to plug both 8 pin cords into the slots. Both of the 8 pins have a 6pin attached along with it so i had two 6 pin cords hanging while the two 8 pins were plugged in. I tried again but i still had no signal for both display port and dvi. I took the 3060 out multiple times and put it back in but still no signal. My friend suggested i put the 1060 back in but when i did i had no signal for it as well. Anyone perhaps know what the problem could be?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
What's the make and model of this psu? '700w psu' is really vague.
Probably better if you just take a picture of the psu's information label and post it here via: imgbb.com, imgur.com, or postimages.org.

Are you able to get any picture at all with no gpu installed - monitor plugged to mobo?

Dec 17, 2020
What's the make and model of this psu? '700w psu' is really vague.
Probably better if you just take a picture of the psu's information label and post it here via: imgbb.com, imgur.com, or postimages.org.

Are you able to get any picture at all with no gpu installed - monitor plugged to mobo?
I will try the no gpu right now

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
no signal from the mobo without gpu, but i have my ps4 turned on and i’m still getting picture from that, but that probably has nothing to do with it.
Well, it means that the monitor and DP cable still work...

I can't find much of anything on that psu - not even a review.
Do the chassis/cpu cooler/gpu fans still spin up?
LEDs on the motherboard stay on at all - POST codes/LEDs?

Dec 17, 2020
Well, it means that the monitor and DP cable still work...

I can't find much of anything on that psu - not even a review.
Do the chassis/cpu cooler/gpu fans still spin up?
LEDs on the motherboard stay on at all - POST codes/LEDs?
The cpu fan spins, there is a fan beside it that blows air out that spins, but the 1060 fans never spun, at least not that i know of, they may have spun while i was playing for a while but i’m not sure but it worked perfectly fine until i tried installing the 3060

Dec 17, 2020
The cpu fan spins, there is a fan beside it that blows air out that spins, but the 1060 fans never spun, at least not that i know of, they may have spun while i was playing for a while but i’m not sure but it worked perfectly fine until i tried installing the 3060
yeah the only light on the mother board that i saw was a sata cable light which was green, the rgb lights up as well that’s around the inside of the case, i just bought the dp cable today from bestbuy so i hope it would work.

Dec 17, 2020
When your system does its POST, or Power On Self Test - for a brief period of time, all the LEDs light up(supposed to) and all fans spin up fully; it's part of the test.
Neither card spinning up their fans isn't a good sign...
is POST, a thing i have to make it do or does it do it on its own? I’ve never heard of POST until now. The 1060 never had any problems in its 4 year lifespan of me using it.