[SOLVED] No signal when starting PC sometimes

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Hi,
I have some problem when starting PC cause i bought new monitor. Sometimes PC starts with no picture on monitor.
What can be the cause?
And sometimes no problem. It is either hardware or monitor.

Solution
Hi, it looks like the fast startup has been the reason for this mess. I tured it off in windows and for now I didn't noticed problems. The Windows updates always touch my power settings. I noticed that before. I will see after some use if everything will be okay now on. I checked seasonic psu by putting the plastic tester on 24 pin and fan is spinning so according to that psu works. The only thing remain here is, probably faulty monitor.
And i tried with old monitor and he works fine.

Hi, I wanna say that, finaly, I got the solution. The problem was either with faulty monitor or with mbo battery. I changed battery and got new monitor and now its fine.

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Seasonic core gm 650w gold
i5 9600kf
16gb ddr4 3200 cl 16 kingston
Dell S2722dgm
Gigabyte b365m aorus elite
RTX 2060 D6 6G rev.2.0 gigabyte

I thought it may be ram, cable, bios, monitor but maybe neither. I did clear cmos. I connected older monitor and on first no issues. Maybe I didnt uninstaled previous driver from previous monitor?, not sure. I also removed ram and turned back, and i connected new monitor back again with no issue.

Last edited:

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Do you have another system you can test the monitor on? Have you tried easy things like a new cable?

Your system seems to be a fairly solid middle of the road build.

I dont have other system, and i changed dp cable and that solved the problem for some time. And then this thing showed back up again. Wright now pc runing just fine and games works but who knows will there be normal boot. This sounds to me like psu failure.

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Hi, it looks like the fast startup has been the reason for this mess. I tured it off in windows and for now I didn't noticed problems. The Windows updates always touch my power settings. I noticed that before. I will see after some use if everything will be okay now on. I checked seasonic psu by putting the plastic tester on 24 pin and fan is spinning so according to that psu works. The only thing remain here is, probably faulty monitor.

Hi, I wanna say that, finaly, I got the solution. The problem was with faulty monitor. I will get the new one. Thank you guys for support.

Last edited:

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

Hi, I wanna say that, finaly, I got the solution. The problem was either with faulty monitor or with mbo battery. I changed battery and got new monitor and now its fine.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS