No signal with GeForce GT 710

icrimson100703

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
With my upgraded HP Pavilion p6243w (yes, very old PC), I installed a GT 710, but no video output on the monitor.

I have a GTX 650 that worked, the only issue was that it was dying and had red lines littered across the screen which rendered it almost useless because it still output video.

Fans on both cards do spin, and the GT 710 was bought new.

Any solutions?

Solution
Try boot using integrated and go into the bios and change the initiate graphics adapter (along those lines) if its on Auto, try Peg or PCie. Some mobos call it Peg and others Pcie, either one for the gpu.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Were you using integrated graphics at anytime before putting in the GT 710?

Says in the specs can only use one graphics at a time. Wondering if you have multiple display cables connected the integrated graphics might still be set to priority.

icrimson100703

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
I used the integrated graphics the entire time before putting in the GT 710. Only the GTX 650 used the dedicated video output when I plugged it in.

Yes, I know the GT 710 is a downgrade, I'm using it because the GTX 650 causes red lines to litter the monitor, tested it using a TV, HDMI, and VGA.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Try boot using integrated and go into the bios and change the initiate graphics adapter (along those lines) if its on Auto, try Peg or PCie. Some mobos call it Peg and others Pcie, either one for the gpu.

Solution