Question No signal?!?!?

stabler9

Prominent
May 4, 2018
So I have had my inno3D 6gb GTX 1060 for a little over a year, It has worked fine up until earlier today. I was installing a wifi adapted and after reconnecting all the cables I can not seem to get a display signal. I have tried other cables, (DVI & Display Port) but no signal. I removed the card and firmly put it back but I am still not getting a signal. It was working fine up until I turned it off and installed the adapted. Is this a fault in the card?
I also cannot use on board graphics to check bios as my mobo and CPU are not 100% compatible. But the bios and drivers are up to date.

So I have had my inno3D 6gb GTX 1060 for a little over a year, It has worked fine up until earlier today. I was installing a wifi adapted and after reconnecting all the cables I can not seem to get a display signal. I have tried other cables, (DVI & Display Port) but no signal. I removed the card and firmly put it back but I am still not getting a signal. It was working fine up until I turned it off and installed the adapted. Is this a fault in the card?
I also cannot use on board graphics to check bios as my mobo and CPU are not 100% compatible. But the bios and drivers are up to date.

You need to provide more details, especially full PC specs. Do you have a spare GPU ? While installing the WIFI, you might have done something to the motherboard, imo. Some quick things to check:

Make sure once again that the GPU is seated properly on the PCI-E slot, and all the PCI-E power cables are connected to the GPU.
Update your system BIOS, if not done so.
Clear and reset all the CMOS/BIOS settings to default, if need be (details are below).
If your motherboard has support for onboard graphics, then try booting the system without using the GPU. Plug the monitor's cable to the integrated graphics, and then update BIOS and do troubleshooting.

Anyways, kindly provide PC specs. This is just for reference. You don't have to provide ALL these details, but only those which are related to your current issue at hand.

-1. "Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec List tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit. Not applicable in your case.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software
-Any/all OSD monitoring software
-ALL overclocks outside of factory spec
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, the easiest way to clear the CMOS is to enter the BIOS setup utility and choose Reset BIOS Settings to their factory default levels.

The exact menu option in your particular motherboard's BIOS may differ but look for phrases like reset to default, factory default, clear BIOS, load setup defaults, etc. Every manufacturer seems to have their own way of wording it. The BIOS Settings option is usually located near the bottom of the screen, or at the end of your BIOS options, depending on how it's structured. If you're having trouble finding it, look close to where the Save or Save & Exit options are because they're usually around those.

Another way to clear CMOS is to reseat the CMOS battery. Start by making sure your computer is unplugged. Next, open up your computer's case if you're using a desktop PC, or find and open the small CMOS battery panel if you're using a tablet or laptop computer.

Finally, remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes and then put it back in. Close the case or battery panel and then plug in, or reattach the computer's main battery. By disconnecting and then reconnecting the CMOS battery, you remove the source of power that saves your computer's BIOS settings, resetting them to default.

Another way to clear the CMOS is to short the CLEAR CMOS jumper on your motherboard, assuming your motherboard has one. Make sure your computer is unplugged and then open it up. Look around your motherboard's surface for a jumper with the CLEAR CMOS label, which will be located on the motherboard and near the jumper. These jumpers are often located near the BIOS chip itself or next to the CMOS battery. Some other names by which you might see this jumper labeled include CLRPWD, PASSWORD, or even just CLEAR.

Do all these things VERY carefully, if you are not comfortable, then ask someone else for help, if need be.

stabler9

Prominent
May 4, 2018
You need to provide more details, especially full PC specs. Do you have a spare GPU ? While installing the WIFI, you might have done something to the motherboard, imo. Some quick things to check:

Anyways, kindly provide PC specs. This is just for reference. You don't have to provide ALL these details, but only those which are related to your current issue at hand.

-1. "Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec List tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit. Not applicable in your case.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software
-Any/all OSD monitoring software
-ALL overclocks outside of factory spec
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, the easiest way to clear the CMOS is to enter the BIOS setup utility and choose Reset BIOS Settings to their factory default levels.

The exact menu option in your particular motherboard's BIOS may differ but look for phrases like reset to default, factory default, clear BIOS, load setup defaults, etc. Every manufacturer seems to have their own way of wording it. The BIOS Settings option is usually located near the bottom of the screen, or at the end of your BIOS options, depending on how it's structured. If you're having trouble finding it, look close to where the Save or Save & Exit options are because they're usually around those.

Another way to clear CMOS is to reseat the CMOS battery. Start by making sure your computer is unplugged. Next, open up your computer's case if you're using a desktop PC, or find and open the small CMOS battery panel if you're using a tablet or laptop computer.

Finally, remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes and then put it back in. Close the case or battery panel and then plug in, or reattach the computer's main battery. By disconnecting and then reconnecting the CMOS battery, you remove the source of power that saves your computer's BIOS settings, resetting them to default.

Another way to clear the CMOS is to short the CLEAR CMOS jumper on your motherboard, assuming your motherboard has one. Make sure your computer is unplugged and then open it up. Look around your motherboard's surface for a jumper with the CLEAR CMOS label, which will be located on the motherboard and near the jumper. These jumpers are often located near the BIOS chip itself or next to the CMOS battery. Some other names by which you might see this jumper labeled include CLRPWD, PASSWORD, or even just CLEAR.

Do all these things VERY carefully, if you are not comfortable, then ask someone else for help, if need be.

(Complete System Specs)
-Ryzen 5 2600- running at base
-Msi B350m Gaming Pro- Updated bios early 2019, was working fine.
-Geil 1x8gb 2400mhz Ram- cheap model only one stick could be my problem also. I’m moderately sure it’s fine though.
-Inno3d Gtx 1060 6gb- running base speeds.
-Corsair Vs650- 650w is enough for my system and I’ve never had a power problem.
-Samsung evo 970 m.2 500gb ssd- This is my main drive, never had a problem booting it, also only has like 200gb/500gb used.
-Toshiba 2tb HDD- to be honest this thing is old and I don’t know much about it, but it only has games on it and has worked fine.
-Windows 10- latest version.
-Benq xl2430 144hz- seems to work fine.

I’m about to test the card in my brothers computer, I’ll let you know how it goes.
I also can not clear the cmos because the motherboard bios has to be past a certain update to recognise my cpu. If I clear it then I will need to update it which I cannot do.
I have removed and replaced the ram in either slot to see if it was the reason but it didn’t fix it.