[SOLVED] No signal

HRH-Mononoke

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
My monitor keeps losing signal, ive tried both displayport and hdmi cables, any solutions? (also idk if no internet connection may affect that by any chance).

*Loses signal when not used for about a minute or two (usually but sometimes it stays on)
*Moving mouse gets it back up, as if it went to sleep but it says it has no signal

Last edited:
Solution
ah i see.. well, g-sync shouldn't have anything to do with it. normal monitors should works just fine. It really sounds like a windows problem for me since there must be something that detects whether you're idle or not. Idk, maybe check your softwares, there may be some "optimizing" horseshit software running in the background or something. at least for me, it doesn't sounds like a hardware problem.

Irisena

Commendable
Oct 1, 2019
wait... your problem isn't about the GPU isn't it?
can you check your windows setting? there should be a feature that turns off display if you left it idle for X minutes. maybe that's what making your monitor lose signal. moving your mouse will turn the display back up because windows detected that you're not idle once you move the mouse.

HRH-Mononoke

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
wait... your problem isn't about the GPU isn't it?
can you check your windows setting? there should be a feature that turns off display if you left it idle for X minutes. maybe that's what making your monitor lose signal. moving your mouse will turn the display back up because windows detected that you're not idle once you move the mouse.
I hope its just that lmao but the problem is it doesnt always lose signal 😬😬... where exactly can i find that

Irisena

Commendable
Oct 1, 2019
just type "power" on your start menu, you should see "power & sleep settings" open that and you'll see the option directly under "screen". Just change it to whatever minute you want, and done.
also, sometimes, a cheap mouse can make a very small movement on it's own without being touched, and maybe that's what keeping your monitor on occasionally, who knows.

HRH-Mononoke

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
just type "power" on your start menu, you should see "power & sleep settings" open that and you'll see the option directly under "screen". Just change it to whatever minute you want, and done.
also, sometimes, a cheap mouse can make a very small movement on it's own without being touched, and maybe that's what keeping your monitor on occasionally, who knows.
Screen was set at 30 min, Sleep at 1h 😳
I've got a deathadder elite

Irisena

Commendable
Oct 1, 2019
ah i see.. well, g-sync shouldn't have anything to do with it. normal monitors should works just fine. It really sounds like a windows problem for me since there must be something that detects whether you're idle or not. Idk, maybe check your softwares, there may be some "optimizing" horseshit software running in the background or something. at least for me, it doesn't sounds like a hardware problem.

Solution