Question No signal

Charlie161

Prominent
Jan 7, 2020
Basically I have a RX 580 and i have no problem running Fortnite at all doesnt crash has good frames but when i try to launch H1Z1, CSGO or Sea of Thieves my screen will go black after a little while for example i could run csgo for about 20-30 mins before this happening then sea of thieves goes straight away i dont think its an issue with cooling as i have my gpu fans set on 100% and my cpu doesnt seem to be going to high temps around 57-64 but what i dont understand is why my pc stays on but all my sound goes and my control over the pc goes then the picture on the screen goes. Could this be down to a bad GPU or something wrong with my pc aka Drivers or something? and also sometimes my screen flickers but very very rarely. if anyone can help would be extremely appreciated.

Jun 10, 2019
That's either GPU drivers, or unstable clock speeds. Have you done any overclocking on your 580? I have recently tried pushing mine as far as I could, and can't get it stable past 1425Hz. Nothing to do with thermals.

Charlie161

Prominent
Jan 7, 2020
That's either GPU drivers, or unstable clock speeds. Have you done any overclocking on your 580? I have recently tried pushing mine as far as I could, and can't get it stable past 1425Hz. Nothing to do with thermals.
Nope no overclocking at all could it possibly be my psu? ive got an aerocool 500w got told it was a good make and bought it

Jun 10, 2019
500 is the minimum requirement, yes? That could be the cause, as under certain loads it will call for more power and essentially not get enough, especially if you have a good amount of fans or anything drawing some extra power from the PSU, thus, causing it to crash.

Charlie161

Prominent
Jan 7, 2020
500 is the minimum requirement, yes? That could be the cause, as under certain loads it will call for more power and essentially not get enough, especially if you have a good amount of fans or anything drawing some extra power from the PSU, thus, causing it to crash.
Well im planning on getting a Corsair CX 550 or 650

Jun 10, 2019
Looking at your post again, I see you said your screen flickers sometimes. I just had this problem. And it was due to having my mini fridge plugged in on the same circuit as my rig and my gf's. Would happen while I was gaming when the mini fridge cooler would kick on/off. I moved it to a different section of the house and haven't had my screen flicker once.

Jun 10, 2019
Don't worry about the PSU, I have an ASUS RX 580 with an Aerocool Integrator 500w
That doesn't mean he shouldn't worry about the PSU. No one's build is the same. I'm pretty sure I couldn't have a 500w supply pushing mine; PowerColor RX580(+50w power limit), Ryzen 5 2600 at 4.0(1.325v).... Seem's fine for a 500w PSU right? Until you add 8fans(all RGB, 2 controllers), Rosewill RGB AIO, 2 2tb HDD, 1 1tb HDD, 1 250g SSD, GEIL RGB Ram and whatever other periphials someone may have. I just feel like a power supply max rated at your GPU's minimum requirement isn't a good mix.

Well im planning on getting a Corsair CX 550 or 650
I would recommend going 650 or higher. Just so you know have headroom now, or with future ugprades.

Charlie161

Prominent
Jan 7, 2020
That doesn't mean he shouldn't worry about the PSU. No one's build is the same. I'm pretty sure I couldn't have a 500w supply pushing mine; PowerColor RX580(+50w power limit), Ryzen 5 2600 at 4.0(1.325v).... Seem's fine for a 500w PSU right? Until you add 8fans(all RGB, 2 controllers), Rosewill RGB AIO, 2 2tb HDD, 1 1tb HDD, 1 250g SSD, GEIL RGB Ram and whatever other periphials someone may have. I just feel like a power supply max rated at your GPU's minimum requirement isn't a good mix.

I would recommend going 650 or higher. Just so you know have headroom now, or with future ugprades.

Hi again i just thought of something what if went onto the radeon settings and put my power consumption limit up? could it not be getting enough power?

Charlie161

Prominent
Jan 7, 2020
If you're not overclocking that shouldn't be an issue at all, but I suppose you could try it. Just be conscious of your total system watt consumption.
Sorry to message again lol is it ok that my gpu is going from about 47-70 watts when trying to play a game sea of theives to be exact and even if i tab out and click on my desktop wallpaper my pc does the same thing again?