[SOLVED] No signal

MannyChachere

Reputable
Jan 12, 2020
Hey guys,
Got a small problem. Got a monitor running a HDMI cable to my 1080Ti but i have no signal. When I run swap computers its fine and i get the log in screen.

As im typing this out its starting to sound like the 1080Ti but it lights up and everything and was running. Just no signal atm.
I have a new monitor coming in but I'm stumped on what the issue is.

Solution
I’ve reached out to Amazon in regard to replacing the CPU. While I have no idea what’s going on, because I do have reason to suspect the CPU or Mobo at this point. Problem is, I Don’t own another AMD Mobo or CPU to actually test it.

Going based off of what I can (and can’t) see, I’m guessing it’s the CPU. So I’m replacing that and I may replace the Mobo too. But the Mobo is showing signs of lighting up, fans turn on. So I’m not 100% sure replacing the mobo would help.

MannyChachere

Reputable
Jan 12, 2020
Need more info to go on with this.

Please describe your Component Model:
-CPU
-Motherboard
-RAM
-GPU
-Monitor

9 3900X
MSI Meg X570
G. Skill TridentZ
1080Ti

Monitor is some AOC.

This is what i've learned. Swapped 1080Ti and Monitors and still doesn't show signal.

Okay, could the CPU be causing this? I can't think of anything else and i have no way of testing the CPU as this is my only AMD computer

SM/Madao

Great
Jul 2, 2020
Assume if it supposed to work with all the components setup before the problem came out:

You might want to try reset the motherboard,the step is:
0.Remove Power Plug, make sure no any power source been flow into PC
1.remove all the RAM
2.remove the CMOS (Motherboard reset),than press start button 5 times without any power source
3.Put back the CMOS
4.Put back the RAM(put only 1 RAM to test out first)
5.Put back Power Plug and turn on
6.Hope for the best

MannyChachere

Reputable
Jan 12, 2020
Assume if it supposed to work with all the components setup before the problem came out:

You might want to try reset the motherboard,the step is:
0.Remove Power Plug, make sure no any power source been flow into PC
1.remove all the RAM
2.remove the CMOS (Motherboard reset),than press start button 5 times without any power source
3.Put back the CMOS
4.Put back the RAM(put only 1 RAM to test out first)
5.Put back Power Plug and turn on
6.Hope for the best

did all of this and still nothing.
Everything lights up but I have no monitor display.

I just checked the pins on the CPU and they aren’t bent

MannyChachere

Reputable
Jan 12, 2020
I’ve reached out to Amazon in regard to replacing the CPU. While I have no idea what’s going on, because I do have reason to suspect the CPU or Mobo at this point. Problem is, I Don’t own another AMD Mobo or CPU to actually test it.

Going based off of what I can (and can’t) see, I’m guessing it’s the CPU. So I’m replacing that and I may replace the Mobo too. But the Mobo is showing signs of lighting up, fans turn on. So I’m not 100% sure replacing the mobo would help.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS