Question No signal

kansas_dude

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2013
I'm guessing I'm asking in right category, when I put my computer to sleep before going to work (or before going to bed), when I press the power button to wake it up, everything inside the tower comes on but the monitor doesn't so I have to either press the hard restart button on the tower or flip the switch to the power supply to off (wait for computer to turn off) then switch to on and press the power button for the monitor to receive signal

someone said to put computer in hibernation mode instead of sleep cause hibernation sends just enough signal to the monitor but not enough to keep the monitor on..........is that part true? if so, how do I get to hibernation in Win 10 cause the only Power options when clicking start is Sleep, Shut Down, and Restart

Lutfij

Titan
I would advise to shut down the PC and then turn off the main wall outlet that the system is hooked to, to prevent vampiric power draw.

Regardless, you might want to see what BIOS version you're on at the moment for your motherboard. What OS version are you working with? We're currently on version 20H2 for Windows 10.

Make and model of your discrete GPU(if you have one) and how it's paired to your display?

kansas_dude

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2013
I would advise to shut down the PC and then turn off the main wall outlet that the system is hooked to, to prevent vampiric power draw.

Regardless, you might want to see what BIOS version you're on at the moment for your motherboard. What OS version are you working with? We're currently on version 20H2 for Windows 10.

Make and model of your discrete GPU(if you have one) and how it's paired to your display?
according to command prompt BIOS version is A.00 and System Info shows American Megatrends Inc. A.00, 3/21.2017

OS version is Win 10 64-Bit 20H2 19042.867

GPU is GeForce RTX 1060 6GB

Desktop