Question No signal

May 31, 2021
Hello. Firstly my specs:

MOBO: ASRock Z170A-X1/3.1
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
And a 750W PSU

About two weeks ago I was playing a game and after I entered a match my monitors both stopped receiving a signal from the GPU. This has happened before but this time after rebooting they still didn't get a signal. I already tried to remove the GPU and clean the PCIe slots, making sure the RAM is connected properly and that everything else is properly connected too. After that I connected the integrated GPU to one of the monitors and now it works but the problem is that it still sometimes shows no signal on the monitor. Could this be a faulty PSU? Thank you for your help.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
It sounds more like a faulty monitor. Or perhaps monitor cable / connector.

When you get a black screen, do you see the HDD LEDs flashing normally, do you get sounds from the speakers, do you hear the CPU fan spinning up and down like normal?

Or is it just dead, nothing happening.

May 31, 2021
brand and model of this 750w psu?

PSU Antec VP700P Plus

It sounds more like a faulty monitor. Or perhaps monitor cable / connector.

When you get a black screen, do you see the HDD LEDs flashing normally, do you get sounds from the speakers, do you hear the CPU fan spinning up and down like normal?

Or is it just dead, nothing happening.

Everything inside the PC still works and on the monitor I can read no signal from HDMI1. All the fans work, the only thing different is that there is no display.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Seems to me that either the HDMI lead is faulty, the HDMI ports on the video card are coming loose or the video card itself is faulty. A few different issues that it might be. But no, not PSU related.

You say you connected it to integrated graphics (iGPU) but the issue is still happening? Is that with one monitor on iGPU and one connected to the video card, or what? When you lose signal now, do you still lose signal on both monitors?

May 31, 2021
Seems to me that either the HDMI lead is faulty, the HDMI ports on the video card are coming loose or the video card itself is faulty. A few different issues that it might be. But no, not PSU related.

You say you connected it to integrated graphics (iGPU) but the issue is still happening? Is that with one monitor on iGPU and one connected to the video card, or what? When you lose signal now, do you still lose signal on both monitors?

The iGPU has only a DVI port so I can use just one monitor with it. I lose signal only on one monitor now. Before I would lose it on both.

TRENDING THREADS