no signed device drivers were found

del922

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
Hi, product is HP 655 Notebook pc operating system windows 7 however due to my daughters negligence (dont know exactly what, do know she very rarely if ever shut it down properly) the computer would go on but but only to black screen stating after general info at top (PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable) next line (PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM), on last line (No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key). dint have the boot disc only the product key so downloaded windows 7 home premium, put it on disc to start again. While trying to install Win 7, I get past a couple of screens in (collecting information) then I get stuck at a "Select the driver to be installed." screen. there is nothing in the box to choose just a statement "No signed device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK.". Im certainly no expert but can and have followed instruction just dont know if i'm missing something, any help in this matter would be very much appreciated and thank you in advance!

Do you know how to reach the HDD on your Lappy ? Its under the back cover on your Lappy. You have to unscrew some screws to reach the HDD. If you are not familiar with this type of things then see some videos on youtube on how to disassemble a HDD of Lappy.

Now if you are comfortable enough to try this thing, and know how to do this, then take out the HDD from case then reinsert and connect the cables properly, hopefully your problem will be solved.

Note : First try to reach BIOS to see if the HDD is there or not. If its there then the above procedure may work. If the HDD is not in BIOS then it could have been dead or faulty, and the above procedure will not work. Good luck.