No singnal on Monitor

Feb 27, 2016
Hello guys, I just built my first computer(I hope) and I am experiencing a problem. I turn on my monitor it says acer etc etc, then turn on my computer, and it says no signal. All fans are running smoothly with no problem, but after about 45 seconds the gpu fan stops spinning. I have connected my dvi-d port into my motherboard and my vga into my motherboard as well. My monitor also has no place for an hdmi port. Could you guys please help me and I also have a problem with connecting a dvi-d cable to my gpu. There is this grey cover saying dvi-i on it in the grill plates and I can't seem to take it off too plug in my dvi-d in to. The main problem is the monitor saying no signal, all fans are running. Could you guys please tell me what could be going on.

Solution
If you have a graphics card installed video output typically defaults to that, which means you won't get any signal from your motherboard connections.

You must be able to remove the cover on the DVI-I port on the graphics card. If you really can't or are unsure just take a picture and post it here.

Hyboria

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015
If you have a graphics card installed video output typically defaults to that, which means you won't get any signal from your motherboard connections.

You must be able to remove the cover on the DVI-I port on the graphics card. If you really can't or are unsure just take a picture and post it here.

Solution
Feb 27, 2016

I will ask my sister to rip it off, she is so much stronger than me, i tried it with the hdmi ports and it came off so it will probably work with the dvi-i