[SOLVED] No sleep option when I hover over "Shut down or sign out" under the Windows button

Status
Not open for further replies.

detralt

Commendable
Apr 2, 2017
For some reason, out of the blue, I can no longer put my computer to sleep, because when I right-click on the Windows icon and go to "Shut down or sign out", the only options are to shut down, sign out, or restart. Another issue is when I do (Fn+Pausebreak) on my keyboard, which puts the computer to sleep, it shuts my computer down but everything is still saved where it was as if it was going to sleep but going through the BIOS. So I dunno what I did, but I did something and hopefully one of y'all can help me here.

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click start
choose power options
in settings, under related settings, click Additional power settings
in next pop up, click Choose what power button does
next to blue/yellow shield, click Change settings that are currently unavailable
Tick Sleep to show it in power menu
save changes

As for 2nd thing, the saving where you were up to on shutdown is a new feature of win 10, it will do that auto now. its saved in hiberfile.sys

detralt

Commendable
Apr 2, 2017
right click start
choose power options
in settings, under related settings, click Additional power settings
in next pop up, click Choose what power button does
next to blue/yellow shield, click Change settings that are currently unavailable
Tick Sleep to show it in power menu
save changes

As for 2nd thing, the saving where you were up to on shutdown is a new feature of win 10, it will do that auto now. its saved in hiberfile.sys
There is no sleep option
View: https://imgur.com/a/aqEs1x0

Status
Not open for further replies.