No slot devices are working right

What would you think if none of the slot devices will work properly? (PCI
and AGP) They'll show up in Windows, but they all have exclamation points
next to them, and none of them will install with the manufacturer's drivers.
Windows would used to automatically install all of them, but now it won't
with any. I reformatted and it still wouldn't detect them. I've
reformatted before and it would detect them, but not now.

Ed

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 21:41:21 GMT, "Travis King" <Anonymous@none.com>
wrote:

>What would you think if none of the slot devices will work properly? (PCI
>and AGP) They'll show up in Windows, but they all have exclamation points
>next to them, and none of them will install with the manufacturer's drivers.
>Windows would used to automatically install all of them, but now it won't
>with any. I reformatted and it still wouldn't detect them. I've
>reformatted before and it would detect them, but not now.

Did you install the mobo chipset/GART drivers first?

"Travis King" <Anonymous@none.com> wrote in message
> What would you think if none of the slot devices will work properly? (PCI
> and AGP) They'll show up in Windows, but they all have exclamation points
> next to them, and none of them will install with the manufacturer's
drivers.
> Windows would used to automatically install all of them, but now it won't
> with any. I reformatted and it still wouldn't detect them. I've
> reformatted before and it would detect them, but not now.

I'd tell you that you can't switch your mainboard without re-installing
Windows.

Yes... I didn't do anything else but this so far. I decided to quit if the
motherboard's just going to need replacing anyway. By the way, it's NOT an
Asus, but there's no ECS NG's that I could find. I typically use Asus
mobo's though. I tried updating the BIOS etc., but it failed.